What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
started my new wine making area today.. 20 x 30 with cold room storage on one end...
If i can ever figure out my dang phone camera to usb computer i will post pics...should be nice area.
foamed interior walls, with double 1/2 sheet rock, all led lighting.
infrared water faucets,just wave your hand in front, concreter floor stained to look like marble, triple bay sink, will be....when finished.

So I'm thinking about starting a new batch of wine soon that will have to be ready to roll by this time next year. Farmgate fruit is getting harder and harder to find so odds are it will be from a can.

So, any suggestions? It just has to be a nice table wine. I'm not a big fan of reds and nice crisp white style goes well. My strawberry swill went over well. Nothing too complex, simplicity is bliss

James, you can always email the pics to yourself, they'll be on your computer if you use an email client like outlook.

i can send you a recipe for my peach blush if you want...it is very good, made on the db way of fast track, but aging will make it wonderfull.

pumkinman, I never even thought of that...
good idea, I will try after dinner......chit, im stupid sometime, have too much going on.

If it uses just peach juice I would be good to go. Everything i have made so far has been from scratch so a juice bottle might make for a nice change of pace. Out of all my farmer friends, not a single one grows peaches. Just my luck lol

so after my Florida vacation was rudely interrupted by a 2 day business meeting in Atlanta, we finally arrived home on Saturday evening. I had to get up early for a 3 1/2 hour drive to my consulting job in DC, which got me home at 1:15 this morning. Got the deck furniture put away for the winter and started the laundry as the boil water alert is lifted for our area. Watching the hockey game and will try to bottle the Luna Rosa between periods.

I might even do a split Bach and make some sasquatch brew just to see how it goes over with the guys at hunt camp

Cleaning Bottles. My favorite chore along with the regular house work :(

started my new wine making area today.. 20 x 30 with cold room storage on one end...
If i can ever figure out my dang phone camera to usb computer i will post pics...should be nice area.
foamed interior walls, with double 1/2 sheet rock, all led lighting.
infrared water faucets,just wave your hand in front, concreter floor stained to look like marble, triple bay sink, will be....when finished.

sounds perfect to me!!

Another busy day, just got done at 11pm...Filtered 10 gallons of Moscato, back sweetened to my wife's and Mothers taste.....yep, I let them push me around...lol....I made a case of Spumante, the two week method that I learned from BZac, I made another case infused with a strawberry extract, it is incredible!!!! Polished one of those bad boys!!!
Racked the Brunello, added Opti- Malo, hydrated the MLB using Acti-ML first, then adding Lalvin 31
Racked the Valpolicella added Opti- Malo, hydrated the MLB using Acti-ML first, then adding Lalvin 31
Washed and sanitized 6 cases of bottles, 1 case of champagne bottles.
Racked 2 cases of Moscato
Racked one case Fragolina (strawberry extract infused Moscato)
Racked one case Asti Spumante type sparkling wine using the 2 week method
Back Sweetened the Lambrusco or Mom would dis own me
Bottled 2 cases Lambrusco

Tomorrow I will be getting 6 gallons of fresh pressed Catawba from the local winery, cannot wait!!!
I plan on bottling the Brunello, Merlot, Zin, Chianti and Montepulciano from last year (Chianti, Brunello and Montepulciano will be coming out of the oak barrels), and racking 2 batches of Amarone back into the barrels, and racking the Chilean Malbec into an oak barrel.

Just Wow!!! :try

Bottled my 3 gallons of cranberry wine for Thanksiving. First time making a wine from scratch,followed Wade's recipe he posted in 2009. Backsweetened to 1.012. Taste really nice. The Mrs. says it's to tart, oh well more for me. Lol. Bakervinyard

Started a CC Showcase Red Mountain Cabernet kit! Woo-hoo. The kit had two packets of oak for primary: 30 g French heavy toast + 30 g French medium toast. It also has cubes (Hungarian, medium toast) for secondary. I am liking it!

Just washed the heep and despite my best effort she still ain't clean. Odds are it will take a couple more goes before she is ready for storage. Might even toss a coat of wax on her too, the twigs and branches are really starting to show.

Well we were ready by 8:30 this morning for the arrival of 10 tons of Cab Sauv to crush. Just our luck they showed up at 3:40 just 20 minutes before time to go home. We never let grapes sit over night so there was no leaving until they came. Talk about hustling with just two guys, by 6 pm we were going home. In that time we unloaded the truck, tested the grapes, crushed, added sugar, yeast and oak chips, cleaned up the entire place and have all ten bins now ready to ferment on their skins. These grapes were still hanging on their vines at 1:30.

Well we were ready by 8:30 this morning for the arrival of 10 tons of Cab Sauv to crush. Just our luck they showed up at 3:40 just 20 minutes before time to go home. We never let grapes sit over night so there was no leaving until they came. Talk about hustling with just two guys, by 6 pm we were going home. In that time we unloaded the truck, tested the grapes, crushed, added sugar, yeast and oak chips, cleaned up the entire place and have all ten bins now ready to ferment on their skins. These grapes were still hanging on their vines at 1:30.
Dang Dan, I would have loved to be there to help! About the time your grapes arrived I was being bitched out over the phone because a boiler had malfunctioned. I think crushing grapes would have been the therapy I needed at that time!

Back