What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug, let's get a move on. I'm down to my last bottle of Muscadine ;)

Not likely going to bottle for another month or two at least. I like to back sweeten then let age in the carboy for at least a month prior to bottling. This is generally the rule except for pee. I like to be able to add more sugar if needed.

I need to sweeten the Noble and also the Bronze. Maybe one night this week if it's raining...

yeag, yeah, yeah..... Get down there and finish that wine. I'm going through withdrawl from lack of Muscadine.....

You're giving me the DT's, man.... I need a fix.....

Just got done testing sulfite levels on my WE LE Aragones/Cab.
Sitting down now watching baseball enjoying a 27 month WE Sel Estate Lodi II Cab. The kit taste is completely gone. It has just enough black currant fruit and its nicely dry. I don't have too many bottles left.:(

another batch of Skeeter Pee continues to ferment and the Apple/Cherry is finishing up it's fermentation. Getting ready to sulfite and stabilize the Carmenere and another Cranberry/Pomegrantate. And my father-in-law called and gave me a big thumbs up on my Cab Merlot.

Racked 2- 6 gallon carboys of Moscato
Racked Pinot Noir and Lambrusco from Barrels to carboys, I'll be playing with them in the next few days, may add some plum or pomegranate.
Cleaned the two barrels
Racked two batches of Amarone into the barrels - Cannot wait to see how they evolve!

Started another batch of Mojito Skeeter pee yesterday. Today I'm working from home waiting for a plumber to come snake the basement. All the rain caused a back up....I'm thinking this one came from the main in the street that clogged the pipe. It was running clear 2 days ago and none of my down spouts go into the sewer......

a new batch of skeeter Pee continues to foam up in the primary. I may have to start another batch too as the Pee goes fast. Hope to bottle some Cab Franc Ice Wine this weekend....

Picked More Black Raspberries. Past the 35 lb mark now. Time to get some "blackcap" wine going.

Also picked 1st run of Boysenberries. 5+ lbs there going to the wife for Jam.
Plants still developing. Next year we will have enough to try Boysenberry wine. This year maybe a gallon batch.

:db:db:db

Probably nothing wine related today, this weekened I plan on racking the Blackberry Cabernet and the Lime Margarita off the sediment from the clarifying agents and add the f-pacs. My better half is asking about the Margarita and We were hoping to have some of the Blackberry merlot for the baby shower on the 27th...

Skeeter Pee down to 1.050. Gave it a whip and will check on Monday. Sanitized 2 dozen 375ml bottles in preparation of bottling some Cab Franc ice wine. I took a bottle of Pee to the church festival set up party and it was consumed quickly with a bunch of thumbs up.

Tonight I took 5 gallons of shiraz + raisins and tannins down to three gallons and 8 bottles. Then took 6 gallons WE coastal red + raisins and tannins down to 5 gallons + 4.5 bottles. Over the two batches, I had the opportunity to add raisins, taste then add tannins. Please allow a shot out to Good wines gone bad. Thanks Joeswine!

Since it is raining ....again.... I hope to try a few of the tweaks that you folks gave me for my wines, I am going to try Plum, Blackberry, and pomegranate in separate small batches to see which one we like the most to liven up 2 batches of wine.
I hope to bottle 2 batches of beer as well, one batch has been in a bourbon barrel for approx 2 months, this batch of Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Beer tastes amazing, the difference between adding oak to the first batch, and aging it in an oak barrel is like night and day!

Picked about 40 pounds of pie cherries which will be going into a few pies, and the rest into the freezer. I see some cherry wine in the future.

i am installing a digital temp controlled lighted bidet...and if have time. installing outdoor remote controlled led lights.

dont ask...lol I did a $90, grand bathroom remodel and the client did not like the color of the bidet and matching toliet, she told me I could have them and purchased the color that she liked...it was free, and her cost when she bought it was 1200....why not...i might learn to love it...lol
bottle washer.....hummmmmmmmmm

shoot, julie sorry, i did not know it only was about wine making....any how ...thats what i did today...sorry

shoot, julie sorry, i did not know it only was about wine making....any how ...thats what i did today...sorry

Lol, it isn't always about winemaking! A temp controlled lighted bidet, seriously? I'm a scared to ask why?

Daniel, I'm thinkin you are being mischievous again. :ft

Latest posts

Back