What kind is this white cork?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
Found a bunch of these in my wine arsenal from a deal I made a couple months ago. I never pay attention to these but now I wonder what they are.
Same size and diameter as a regular 8.5 cork and it has a Cru Select RQ printing. I assume they came with one of the high end RJS kits.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1392987885.552993.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1392987934.586689.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1392987988.070967.jpg
ImageUploadedByWine Making1392988172.101753.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

That Cru script is definitely from Rj Spagnols. RQ (Restricted Quantity) is a term used by by RJ Spagnols for guess what... their restricted quantity kits. There was probably an RJS RQ kit that came with those corks.

The RJS RQ kits that came out maybe 3 years ago had a special offer from Spagnols of free corks with the kits. What you have were these corks. They aren't Nomacorc but rather a harder plastiic type synthetic. I used them on a few RQ kits and didn't particularly like them.

Those corks are from france! The "cru" wines are the best wines on the world! These corks are expensive because they will stay good for at least 50 years. Only use them on the wines you're going to hide away for in the future.

No disrespect, but this is not the case at all, these synthetic corks that came with a wine kit, this was explained several times before your post.

Yeah, it says synthetic in an old article. It also says the new RQ kits come with custom shrink wraps but I didnt see corks this time.

Latest posts

Back