Glass vs Cork Closures The way of the future??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that would be 3 on a buy of 960 or 320 each. They all have to be the same size. 18.5 is the one that fits most bottles I samples. The thin top seems to blend in the best with bottles shapes. But the. Thick top is easiest remove.
Thin top run .$60 each plus shipping.thick or tall top run $.65 each

Well that would be 3 on a buy of 960 or 320 each. They all have to be the same size. 18.5 is the one that fits most bottles I samples. The thin top seems to blend in the best with bottles shapes. But the. Thick top is easiest remove.
Thin top run .$60 each plus shipping.thick or tall top run $.65 each

Are you measuring the inside diameter of the bottles?

I've measured the ID of a variety of the bottles I commonly use for my wine. There is some variation but I believe that the variation is within the tolerance that an 18.5mm closure should work. Of course my decision a few weeks ago was to hold of purchasing for now. In part because I'm not willing to tie up my funds without feeling comfortable that enough other people will come through and join in and follow-through on such a purchase. 960 closures would keep me supplied well beyond my life expectancy at my current use rate. ESPECIALLY since I am interested because these can easily be cleaned and re-used several times - based on others experiences. For me roughly 120-200 would meet my needs for quite some time. I do plan on continuing to use corks for my wine as well. Especially batches that I anticipate will mostly be given away to folks.

Quick question, do you have an address for the Salem Oregon location? It would be curious to see if someone who lived in the area could get them and maybe save on shipping, even though I realize that it looks like this will have wait.

Latest posts

Back