What is a no boil kit??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl

Reaction score
I love Corona and would like to make a Mexican Cerveza.

Can I do it with a wine equipment starter kit that George sells??

earl

Hey Earl,

You can do it with the same kit. Some people will
suggest you use a seperate primary for beer than wine....but I've used
the same. The no boil kit is just like a wine
kit. It's a bag of goodie and you pour it in the primary,
add water and yeast and you are off. Making beer any other
way normally requires some kind of heat...if only to loosen up the
malts etc.

This kit has been made quite a bit. It was a hit at my house with Limes.

Cheers,

Doug

I'll have to check these out. I originally was going to get into beer making but somehow stumbled into wine making instead. I still have the desire to brew beer. i didn't even realize there were any No Boil kits out there. Guess you can see how much I have researched it LOL.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

The Baron's Mexican Cerveza is my number one seller in the Beer kits. In fact, I sell more of it than all of the other Baron's kits combined. It makes an excellent Corona knock-off.

So would a guy need separate equipment (Primary) to make these no boil beers or could I use the primary's I already have? I believe I read somewhere that you shouldn't ferment beer and wine in the same primary. Is this correct?

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Yeah, I would suggest that you find a new primary for beer. The problem is that beer is so aromatic from the hops, especially if you do pilsners and ales, that you will get that smell stuck in the plastic. Of course if you have stainless steel fermenters, you can just use those as SS doesn't keep smells.

I originally thought that I would just use the same one for both, but after a batch of India Pale Ale, which is a very hoppy beer, I could nto get the smell out no matter how long I let it soak with bleach, baking soda, etc. So I bought a few new primaries for wine and left that one for beer.

With the no-boil kit, you can use the same bucket. At least I did and did not notice any ill effects. Just be sure to clean and sanitize it after use, which is what you should do after you make wine as well.

Others may have a difference of opinion.

We just bottled our first batch of beer!Sixty-three bottles of Baron's Cerveza!
smiley4.gif
It's sitting in 3 plastic tubs aging, here in the warm wine room/office. (This is where we keep our wines that are just getting started, it's the warmest room in the house.) We're very excited! Beer kits. The bithday gift that keeps on giving!
banana.gif
Edited by: PolishWineP

Now everyone! Sing!

Sixty-threebottles of beer in a tub

Sixty-threebottles of beer!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: PolishWineP

The wife even likes the Cerveza and she isn't a beer drinkiner....she told me to make I have plenty in stock for the summer!

Earl,

If you haven't done it yet I would highly advise ordering a cerveza kit! Yum, yum, good!

I moved on to an apple/raspberry wine. Plus I do not have an extra fridge to cool down the bottle fermentation of a beer. I made a hard apple cider over the winter and when my garage warmed up it really started to carbonate like crazy. I had to drink it just to avoid an overly carbonated disaster.
smiley2.gif

earl

George, I may venture to a beer kit for fun.
smiley36.gif

Do you have a "No Boil" kit for the Irish Stout?

PWP, was this the "no boil" beer kit? Did you go straight by the instructions or tweak it?

George, I would like to try the RJS Brewhouse kit. The "no boil" kits.

Is the Stout and the Mex Cervesa available in the no boil kit?

sorry for all the questions.
smiley1.gif

All of the Brew House kits available for purchase are on the link provided by appleman and I think you will see a Mexican Cerveza and Stout.

I would like to order the stout, but the stock # 2416 comes up as "dried elderflowers".

I am making an order and need the correct stock #.
smiley36.gif

I am also thinking of jumping into the beer keg here. I am wondering how long a no-boil kit takes to complete, how much it makes (6 gal ?), does it carbonate in the bottle, and do the bottles require refrigeration or will a cool basement in still snowy WI do the job? thanks in advance. 6 gallons of stout would make my husband a very happy man
smiley2.gif

Back