What is a no boil kit??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome.....you will find the beer you make so much better than most bottled beer you buy.

I love that keg setup. I have an extra fridge but it's used for lagering beer and cold conditioning wine.

I just use regular beer bottles but I have two of the flip-top bottles and wish I had lots more. I've used those two bottles for years and haven't needed to replace the gaskets (though I do have some gaskets just in case).

Just an FYI for anyone using liquid yeast--you can save the yeast slurry when ferm is done and reuse it. I put mine in a santizied mason jar and store in the fridge (I put the lid on loosely at first then tighten later). I get about 6 uses out of eachliquid yeast (making a starter every time I reuse it).I've also taken one pack/vial of liquid yeast and made two starters out of it so I could get two diff batches of beer going.

The BrewHouse kits are great. Much better than beer made with extracts and better than store-bought. I've never done allgrain but I'm happy with the BrewHouse. The Munich Dark Lageris my favorite with the Stout and Mexican Cerveza next. I haven't tried the Pilsner yet.

Jackie, I am thankful I have a boss who is an ex-beer maker and he donated 28 flippys to me!!! The 16 oz and 22 oz bottles!! I had to buy new gaskets, but these bottles are "sweet".
smiley36.gif

I bottled my Irish Stout in them and they are in a dark warm place making carbonation.
smiley2.gif

Starting the Mexican Cerveza today.

Appleman, I will start my Mexican Cerveza today and have a couple of questions.

Is it necessary to lock the primary lid down for the beer? (I did not lock it down on the first batch)

Second, the "blow off" tube......the foam that blows out of the tube goes in a bucket to be discarded? Or put back in the primary bucket?

I always do uav, and discard the blow off, its a small amount (hopefully) and not worth infecting the whole batch.

I agree with JW since beer is much susceptible to infection due to lack of protection with no SO2.

Ditto to all the responses. Sorry I wasn't around to answer sooner. I was off playing at the Willsboro Vineyard again today. Actually it wasn't that fun. I picked up and hauled off 8 pickup loads of vine trimmings from pruning a few weeks ago. It would have gone faster with two or three folks, but at least I was out in the beautiful sunshine.

Thanks all for the quick response. Lid on, blow off tube in and out with the foam!!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back