What ever happened to...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfwwino

Reaction score
Do you ever wonder what happened to former frequent posters? Suddenly someone disappears. Do you think theirspouse or sig. other said enough is enough? I know I disappeared for months this year only to return with more gray hair. Unfortunately, I've been buried alive at work most of this year, but at some point wine must be made and bottled. For example, what happened to posters like Hippie and Maui Joe who predate me?

By the way, Wade, I've concluded that you are a homeless, unmarried man sitting at a computer at your local library everyday avoiding the cold streets while you post and post. And I thought I was a wino!Edited by: dfwwino

I too wonder a lot of times "Whatever happened to ......?" It let's the mind wander. I know a very few are asked not to return because of ill behavior and general nastiness on the forum, but most are a real mystery. I am sure some are relative computer novices and after a major computer crash or replacement, they can't find their way back here. Now and again, someone may pass away. Then there are the ones who become so hooked on the habit that they need their next fix of "just one more kit" that they have a family member hold an intervention to save them from themselves. I remember Sangwitch deciding to pick up and move to Peru in South America. They have computers there too. But he mentioned going to prison jokingly. Makes you wonder........... was it a joke or.......

I guess we will never really know with most of them unless they see the light some day and come back for a quick visit.

I have wondered as well....

Ms. Spain, Grant, Redder the Better, Imeeko....Where are you???

Interesting question dwf.
I was off for a while because I was doing construction projects around the house and I had so many kits going, I thought to slow down and let them get to be drinkable. I have also been somewhat discouraged with results on my reds.Some are over a year old (all those are Wine Expert 16L) and are not drinkable yet (KT) so I have plugged up the cellar with too many of those. The Mosti 23L are better but still aren't that good to really celebrate them but none of those are much over a year. The all Juice Chianti is the exception at exactly 1 yr. We like it so much I am hoarding it to see how much better it will be at 18 mo or2 yrs. Don't know if it will make that 24 months though.
Our whites are tocelebrate though.Made our summer 09 whites and have some likely tocarry over into '10. Maybe time to think about some more whites for '10.

Anther thing Ithink happens is this forum has a very friendly tone and is addicting itself. I have spent at times 2 hrs a day on it for months ata time. That was too much for my life so I cut back.

And finally, don't you think forum activity is seasonal? We are in the cave for the winter sohave more time.

My 2 cents...Edited by: Jack on Rainy

Great to hear about Martina -- maybe she'll get a chance between her long hours and touch base once in awhile. I thought she was a great resource, especially for experimentation as well as inspiration to try something new. I certainly would have NEVER spent hours picking the blossoms off lilac blooms for the "1 gallon carboy"of lilac wine I made except for her enthusiasm!
smiley36.gif

2 hours, thats it?
smiley36.gif
DFW, we are not a family that likes to go out that much so we splurge on the amenities at home. I watch TV, post and drink all at the same time. I am a Multi tasker!!!!!!!

Gosh, so MANY of you are obviously in the Christmas spirit with your avatars, you inspired me to get in the spirit too... and change MINE!
smiley2.gif

Merry Christmas All!
smiley36.gif

I do see Hippie on another Forum once in a great while...
As well as Curt, who is quite active on other Forums....
Yes...there are other Forums...
But this one is HOME!!!!!

Lets drink to ole members
yes lift your glasses high
Ever now and then read one of their posts
Dont let their memory die
That we have such a great forum
Belongs to people like them
And all we can do is keep sharing and caring
And hope someday they may return again.

Maybe George could send them e-mails (if they included an e-mail when they signed up) and ask what they are up to lately- we miss you.Another forum Smurfe is on recently sent me e-mails saying they miss me- twice. I had signed up twice because they needed to activate me and never did. I could never log into their forum. I had tried twice trying to join because I thought must be I had screwed up. Funny I never got an e-mail confirmation of joining, but got an e-mail that they missed me. LOL

Rich, thats funny cause they did the same thing with me so i gave up, I still have never received an email as you have. I have seen Martina on "The Other Forum" many times since she left for Germany but never here again.

I have spotted here here a couple times briefly, but it's been a while. Great Britain, Germany - both begin with G
smiley36.gif

speaking of "The other Forum" You haven't been there in quite a while- been banned for ill behavior?
smiley4.gif
Edited by: appleman

OilnH2O said:
Gosh, so MANY of you are obviously in the Christmas spirit with your avatars, you inspired me to get in the spirit too... and change MINE!
smiley2.gif

Merry Christmas All!
smiley36.gif
I squinted and squinted and squinted again. I grabbed my reading glasses and squinted again. Don't tell me you're Jack from Nightmare before Christmas. Is that a skeleton hanging from a tree? I sure hope it is not Rudolph hanging from a tree. Edited by: dfwwino

Northern Winos said:
OilnH20.......I love that Christmas light deer...that is very 'special'

NW,

Your avatar is even more interesting. My eyes are poor, but is that Santa walking away from a Lady of the Christmas Eve--ning. Some of you are quite demented
smiley29.gif

Hey Shyster- click Oils avatar and save it to your computer. Open up the saved file and zoom in if too small to still see. YUP, I think it is a dead deer- I think he bumped off Rudolf!

Appleman,

I did what you suggested. Perhaps I'm in a state of denial and choose to believe that Oil won't get coal in his stocking. It still looks likea skeleton. But I was a little troubled by the title of the avatar: Christmas Deer.

Edited by: dfwwino

Latest posts

Back