What are these ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmyers

wine maker in progress
Reaction score
FOUND A BUSH FULL OF THESE FRUITS NOT SURE BUT I THINK THERE ARE WILD CHOKE CHERRIES THEY ARE KINDA SWEET AND CRUNCHY LIKE LITTLE APPLES BUT THEIR GROWING IN BUCHES ANYBODY KNOW FOR SURE. if SO ANYBODY GOT A GOOD RECIPE

IMAG0239.jpg
IMAG0240.jpg

If those are crab apples, they look different from ours. Ours look like a small apple. Anyway, I make 5 gal. of apple wine from commercial apple juice. I freeze then bag up about 20 lbs of crabapples, crush them with a clean 2X4 a little and put them in with the apple juice when it is ready to start fermenting. Get your s.g. up around 1.090 or so and add nutreint and energizer as usual. I threw some tannin in, and fermented down. I check the acid by taste not with a acid test kit. Had to tone the acid down after fermenting, but it made a rather nice wine. If you have any questions, just ask and we will try and help with them. Arne.

they are crabapple, I have them in my yard and like Grapeman said, ornamental!

Jdmyers, You're a braver man than I am, Gunga Din. I wouldn't taste any fruit I found hanging on a bush or tree unless I knew what the fruit was and was certain that it was edible...

Latest posts

Back