Western PA get together

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
We talked about this at the Luva Bella luncheon. Gathering at my house on July 7th. Not sure what we will have besides wine but bring a side dish of something.

We will try to make it again this year Julie. Was really looking forward to Dan's and originally had nothing going on until Andrea's Pre-K teacher changed the day of her picnic for the kids. Providing nothing comes up we'll bring a pasta salad as we did in the past.

I have a Gig in Akron Ohio so I might be in the area. How far would you be from there?

July 7

Hop, skip and jump for me. I may even bring the Mrs....

Two and a half to 3 hrs. should get you there from Akron using 76 to turnpike to Rt8, then cross country. I'll be there this Sat to see family. Mansfield to there about 3 and a few min. depending on orange barrels.

I've been saving that date since March. Good Lord willing, Barbra and I will be there. :hug

IF anyone is interested and going to Julie's, I picked up 20 cases of new 375 ml clear bordeaux bottles. I paid $6 a case (and no charge for transportation from NJ). The hobby is starting to take over the basement and the Mrs. has been giving me the evil eye...

thanks Hokapsig for bringing this up. Alright, who is coming? And yes I'll take a case of the 375's

IF anyone is interested and going to Julie's, I picked up 20 cases of new 375 ml clear bordeaux bottles. I paid $6 a case (and no charge for transportation from NJ). The hobby is starting to take over the basement and the Mrs. has been giving me the evil eye...

And, lol, I have a skeeter on keg. Wait til you have a drink of that, you will be adding more equipment but I bet the Mrs. is gonna like this.

Holy smokes $6.00! Did those come 24 to a case, thats typical? Right now I am not going to be able to make it, due to some out of town guests but I'm see if that can be changed. If I could make it I would 3-4 cases myself. Whether they are 12 or 24 ct thats a great price. Are they cork or screw cap?

unfortunately, these are 12 bottles per case. I fully understand if you reconsider. They are cork and I'm coming up your way tomorrow and back on Friday Dan.

And my friend in NJ who is getting rid of the bottles is building a new winery (vineyard is in already) and will be selling off his "smaller" stainless tanks (100 -300 liter and he has about 40 to sell). I need to find a pickup/box truck as he has about 300 new cases of the 375's that he wants to get rid of. My company car was grunting due to the load on way home...

would it be poor protocol to bring up to the party some samples of wine that I am having issues with to get some input? I'd like a honest opinion on the Chocolate Peppermint Candy cane wine and the Cran Pom....

Latest posts

Back