Western North Carolina Vineyards

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PCharles

Reaction score
I visited the South Creek Winery and Vineyard today. Here are a few photos of the grapes. Jim, the owner indicates the crop may come in early and expects to harvest his first grapes in three weeks.

The grape variety of the top photo is petite sirah. The lower grapes are cabernet sauvignon.

We did a tasting of their dry wines and enjoyed them very much.

Aug 06-2001-9-1.jpg

Aug 06-2001-21-1.jpg

Last edited:
PCharles,

Nice looking grapes, what grapes are those? I am waiting to hear from a member here on whether or not I can come down to a vineyard to pick grapes, was able to do that last year. And if that doesn't happen, I have contacted two vineyards on picking grapes, hopefully something pans out.

Grape Variety in Pics

The grapes in the lower pic are Cab Sav. The owner directed me to the location for the top pic and mentioned the name, but it has slipped my mind. I'll give him a call Sunday and post the variety.

Thanks for your comments,
Paul

Regarding Grape Photo

Julie,

The grape variety of the top photo is petite sirah. The lower grapes are cabernet sauvignon.

Have a great day.

Paul

PCharles,

Nice looking grapes, what grapes are those? I am waiting to hear from a member here on whether or not I can come down to a vineyard to pick grapes, was able to do that last year. And if that doesn't happen, I have contacted two vineyards on picking grapes, hopefully something pans out.

Keep me posted on this. We were actually discussing last night as we sipped on a bottle of Red Muscadine about looking forward to making the trip.

Latest posts

Back