Other Western Classics Wine kits??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcnoren

Reaction score
Save On foods /aka/Overwaitee sells it. 45 Day kit, unable to locate any info on this. Anyone try this kit?

Or possibly their 28day kit (Cellar Master kits)?

Ran across both in their grocery flier.

JCEdited by: jcnoren

Never heard of them. What size kits are they meaning how many liters does the lit come with and make?

Rj Spagnols makes the Cellar Master kits, looking at the ad I would guess the Western Classic is labeled for the store, maybe also made by Spagnols.

If that is the case I would stay away from the Cellar Master kit is it will be weak since that is a 5 liter kit and the other might be OK cause that would either be a 9 or 10 liter kit. Im not fond of these smaller kits as they always seem to produce a thin wine but others like them. I made a few of these and dont particularly care for them but I have given some out people love them. I would definitively stay away from the smaller of the 2 though.

The advertizement doesn't give volumes but Wade I think yourguesses are correct.
Cellar Master kit=??5 leters Western Classic wine kit l0 leters.

I just found it strange that googling resulted in nada... thus my question.

I did do a search on another wine board (winepress.us) and P Cuthbert does write that Western Classic is manufactured by RJSpagnolsand is similar to their Grand Cru (which I have never made).

Might give Western Classic a try, this coming week at $49.98 for their white and $59.98 for their red kits that is not too pricey.

Thanks for your imputs
JC

I did one a long time ago that was a 10L kit. I don't think RJS makes the Western Classic. It is some company out of Calgary that makes them, and they have no info whatsoever on the web. The wine I made was a Shiraz that I still have a lot of. I don't even like to top up other wines with this one
smiley11.gif

About the only thing it is okay for is Glogg or gluweine which is a hot spiced mulled wine spiked with brandy. Very nice on cold winter days. Just like bad Sake, when heated, it become palatable. My advice, is to skip the reds in formats under 15L. A 10L white might come out okay.

Went to the grocery store, on the box of Cellar Master kits their is the RJS logo. I didn't see any logo on the Western Classic kits.

Sizes on the Cellar Master (4wk) kits varry depending upon what you select but there is nothing greater than 6.3leters.

JC

Back