WELCH'S WHITE GRAPE AND PEACH

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chatterbox said:
So tonight when we return home...we plan on splitting the wine thats in the bucket...its still fermenting. We plan to add 1 more can of juice per batch and water to make a gallon to get the SG to 1.075.

Do we need to add more acid blend, pectic enzyme, yeast nutrient, or yeast? I'm guessing I will do what Rocky Top suggested and add a 1/2 of chems....how about the yeast? Theres yeast in it right now. I guess it will just start bubbling again once we close the lid and give it a day or two huh?

You should not need to add anymore yeast. But yes if you add 1/2 of everything else to each new batch except the sugar and yeast you will be back on track. Like NW said you are fermenting sugar as we type. So you will need to check the sg before you split so that you will know how much sugar you will need to add.

1.140- sg now = change
1.085 - 1/2 change = new needed SG

Rocky Top said:
It is just me but I would add a banana too. Jack Keller is the MAN but I think thata banana always helps the Welches.

PS you do not taste the banana

Does one chop up said banana, slice up said banana, shove it in whole, or does it matter? Skin?

I slice the banana into 1/4" slices and place them in a sanitized stocking, (knee high) during primary fermenting. You can do the same with raisens. I squeeze the juice out and throw away when racking to secondary. I use at least one banana forall 6 gallon welches. I use 3 for welches white and 6 for welches white/ peach.

I made this wine as well - not using the recipe for sugar, but instead using my hydrometer. (that was the good/right thing I did).

Did not use the banana (that was posted later than when i made the wine) - will try that next time.

Read another recipe that said to use 3 cans of juice per gallon (rather than the 2 used in the recipe)to give it more body, so I added 1 more per gallon when it was almost done fermenting. I was not thinking, and did not stabilize first, so my attempt to make a light, patio wine turned into a sweet, but still tasty 16% wine. I thought adding the extra juice may sweeten it a bit, but forgot about the re-start on fermentation. Trying it a couple of weeks later, it was fizzy - that was fun!

Please learn from my mistakes.

It is pretty popular, though.
smiley4.gif

It is good as a spritzer, and I will make it again, only the right way next time.
smiley36.gif

I do really like the mouth feel, and the taste is great if the sweetness is cut a little (I prefer drier wines)......

Latest posts

Back