Welch's Delight

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loner

Reaction score
It may be controversial but it sure is tasty !! Racked off fine lee's this evening .. 6 Gal's Concord grape .. 5 Gal's white grape sweetened with 2 cans of strawberry daiquiri mix .. 1 gal of jalapeño/concord

image-282259391.jpg

No matter what, its is better than not having any wine to drink. Spring is coming, there will be fresh fruit out there for the picking. It's all good. Arne.

Not controversial to me! I love the stuff and am diligently working to raise the profile. I just polished off most of a bottle of oaked Welch's last night. I had to do it, it was an aging test! (...and that's my story...) :h After many gallons, it is getting very close to a final recipe now.

I am willing to wager that concord wine is one of the top-selling wines by volume in North America, if not the top seller by volume.

Intrigued by your use of the Niagara as a flavor carrier. I have always wanted to try that, since the wine by itself seems lacking. I thought back sweetening it with daiquiri mix would be phenomenal, and now here you have done it!

Have you stolen a sip? Please tell me it is looking to be as fabulous as my mind had imagined. :dg

I'm a fan as well. I added acid blend and wine tannin last night. Will give it a little time to settle in. I also step fed it a bit to jack it up to 16 abv. Will do a small test tonight to see if I'm OK or need to tweak anything.

Naysayers or not, more gallons of this quick and easy batch have been made than you can shake a stick at. The strawberry daiquiri sounds like a great flavor to add!

Aaaah JohnT, I am so happy to see that you did not disappoint me. :tz

What I want to know is, is there a similar prejudice toward Skittles wine, or Red Hots wine, or any number of other concoctions that grace this site? Or is it just Welch's grape concentrate wine? Hmmm? :h

I like red hots too. I sometimes use them in Danger Dave's concoction. It lends an added bite to the triple berry.

What I want to know is, is there a similar prejudice toward Skittles wine, or Red Hots wine, or any number of other concoctions that grace this site? Or is it just Welch's grape concentrate wine? Hmmm? :h

No no, it is just Welch's. There is a story that I won't get into, it was on here but in the past and it is something that Dan and I like to tease JohnT about and he is a good sport about it. LOL, well I think he is, right JohnT????? :h

As Julie said it goes back a few years and we won't let it go. It's always nice to know who you can harass and just the same be able to take it back from them. Seriously Jim the only wine that should really be prejudiced against and referred to as toilet bowl cleaner is Candy Cane wine [Dan is dodging bullets from Julie].

...the only wine that should really be prejudiced against and referred to as toilet bowl cleaner is Candy Cane wine

I thought pruno was toilet bowl (almost typed 'bowel') cleaner? I guess pruno would/could have that effect too.

WOW .. Strawberry .. Oak .. Grape and Tannin flavor all fighting for dominance. This is nice even now. This will be hard to ignore once it clears.

Sara, to bring you up to date. Dan talked me into making a candy cane wine and he was going to make one, I believe there were a couple others involved as well. Anyway, mine turned out great and he dumped his because he claimed it tasted like toilet bowl cleaner. Now why he would know what toilet bowl cleaner tastes like is beyond me. But like I said before he did add Kool aid to his. Lol, Dan you better be ducking. :slp

Sara, to bring you up to date. Dan talked me into making a candy cane wine and he was going to make one, I believe there were a couple others involved as well. Anyway, mine turned out great and he dumped his because he claimed it tasted like toilet bowl cleaner. Now why he would know what toilet bowl cleaner tastes like is beyond me. But like I said before he did add Kool aid to his. Lol, Dan you better be ducking. :slp

Hilarious. I love the wine rivalry/revelry.
I like it that everyone seems to have fun.

No no, it is just Welch's. There is a story that I won't get into, it was on here but in the past and it is something that Dan and I like to tease JohnT about and he is a good sport about it. LOL, well I think he is, right JohnT????? :h

What did I do? All I said was...

<<<<<< sigh >>>>>>

(of course I am a good sport about this. It is all part of the gag and i hope in good fun).

That being said....

Candy canes and kool-aid????? Seriously? :re

Last edited:
What did I do? All I said was...

<<<<<< sigh >>>>>>

(of course I am a good sport about this. It is all part of the gag and i hope in good fun).

That being said....

Candy canes and kool-aid????? Seriously? :re

I know JohnT! Who would ever think that an accomplish winemaker like Dan would put Kool Aid into a Candy cane wine!!!!!!!!!!!! :slp

I know JohnT! Who would ever think that an accomplish winemaker like Dan would put Kool Aid into a Candy cane wine!!!!!!!!!!!! :slp

Yup, Sounds like it might go well with a liverwurst and jelly sandwich.

I wonder how good candy cane wine would be when used to spike eggnog?

Latest posts

Back