WineXpert WE White Zinfandel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannabarn

Reaction score
smiley5.gif
I just racked WE white zinfandel off the lees into a clean carboy for bulk aging. It has been clearing for 3 weeks. This is supposed to be a med sweet wine. It is, in fact, very dry! .099. I wonder if anyone can tell me what went wrong. I plan to back sweeten is later. I followed the instructions to a T even as far as time that was suggested!

It should have included a F-Pack which is added when stabilizing which adds the sweetness andfruity flavor.Is it a Vintner's Reserve or Selection Series?

The Selection kit has a sweetness index of 2 with an added f-pack. The WE Vintner's reserve has no F-pack and a sweetness index of 0. If you made the VR White Zin, backsweeten it like you say to taste.

AHHHH!!! Dumb me!! I knew I made white zin before and didn't have that problem. That one was a Select and had an F pack. This was a vintners reserve with no F Pack. I feel better now and will back sweeten! Thanks!!
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

smiley36.gif
Would be better if I wasn't such a tightwad and bought a little more expensive product!!!!

If you enjoy the White Zin I would encourage you to try the White Merlot. Same style but more flavor.

Apple, my white zin has been bottled for 3 months now. Think I could crack a bottle open to try or wait another 3 months?
smiley2.gif

Masta, my neighbor started the SE White Merlot last week. Hope he shares.
smiley2.gif

onin24eagle said:
I just made this VR White Zinfandel and mine came with an F-pack. I'm almost certain of it.

I just bottled a WE Vitner's reserve White Zin and it most certainly had an F-Pack. I wonder if this was something new added in 2007. Check the date code on your box. Mine says it was made towards the end of 2007.

Monty

Mine didn't have an F Pack but it's OK. I back sweetened it to 1.0100 and it just the way my wife likes it!! If she's happy everyone is happy!!!
smiley20.gif
smiley27.gif

I would think that winexpert would make the White zin's in all series uniform for sweetness and flavor. I know the Selection and Island Mist White Zins have f-packs, but if the Vintner's reserve series has them now, that must be new as they list it as not included in that line. If they are in them now, I think that would be a good thing to make them all similar. I know they are favorites of just about all new wine drinkers.

smiley20.gif
I contacted Winexpert and asked if that was supposed to have an F Pack and they said it was supposed to have one. The good news is they are going to send me another kit. I didn't expect that but I will take it!!

That's super Barney! It also means they will be more alike now all through the different series. Now you will have to dispose of all those other ones..... Bottoms up!

smiley19.gif
Yeah! Dang it! Now I have to dump the white Zin. I might take me awhile tho!

I don't know about the Beringers White Zin but the white Zin that was the topic of this subject is now gone! I just started another Selection White Zin.

Back