WineXpert WE symphony or trinity white?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyiswine

Reaction score
I have had good luck with the WE white kits. Time to make another. I am looking for a dry and flavorful white. I have made and liked the sav blanc and pinot blanc. Was thinking about either the symphony or trinity white. Anyone who has made these have any opinions one way or another? Whatever i make i will not be backsweetening or oaking or tweaking. Just want a dry, light, crisp, fruity-aromatic summer white for porch sippin in 6 months when the weather is hot.

I made a WE Muller-Thurgau this past year, very good, just off-dry. Great chilled a bit with cheese and fruit. A very good summer wine.

I made the Symphony years ago and didnt like it despite rave reviews.

Hmmm...what to do. I like coconut. Seems like a few votes for and maybe against the symphony. Anyone made the trinity white?

Havent made the Trinity, sorry. I was actually pretty surprised as I almost always like whites and specialty wines by W.E. I say that because I just dont care for their red wine kits much.

I think i have all but given up on the red kits. Thinking i need to go with frozen must, all juice, or even fresh for my reds from now on. Buying even the most expensive red kits seems to be not worth the money. The whites however have been quite nice for the money so i am going to keep making them. My LHBS carries WE. Any other suggestions perhaps for a dry, crisp white? Seemed the symphony or trinity were decent options. I can get pinot grigio at the grocery store on sale whenever i need cheap, dry, easy. I was hoping for something a bit different and interesting.

What high end kits have you made? I can tell you that juice buckets IMO dont come close to a high end RJS or Cellar Craft kit or Mosti Meg or Masters!!!

The only "high end" kits I have done were WE limited editions. The whites I have done by WE have been great. The reds not so much. I appreciate the suggestions of the others. I should try them.

I have been a bit "out of the loop" on winemaking the last couple months. Getting the primary washed out and ready. Decided on the symphony kit to get me back in the swing of things.

Now - The Trinity (WV) is one of my favorites and the friends I give out to prefer it to the higher end white kits that I make. I have made 3 Ken Ridge Showcase whites. CS (RJS) and Winekitz (UER). But the Symphony is the kit I want to try next - let me know what you think of it.

Mixed and pitched. I considered switching out the EC1118 for a different yeast but just went with it. The juice has a distinctly tropical smell and taste, like a mango-papaya-guava fruit cocktail. SG right at 1.080 with the temp at 75 so actual SG a couple clicks higher. Should be off and cooking in a day or so.

I am leaving town tomorrow morning so I needed to jump the gun a little and put this symphony kit into the carboy under airlock. SG down to 1.015 and ferment has been strong. Tropical aroma the first couple days turned into more of an apple juice smell and today is more like yeast and dirty diapers. If this was my first kit I would be worried by the smell but it is moving along nicely. Racked into the carboy and getting bubbles every couple seconds. Will be sitting there for the next couple weeks.

I bottled the symphony a couple weeks ago. A bit young but tasty. Has good acidity and tropical aroma and flavor. Would make this again for sure. Temps will in the 80s and 90s here for another month so I will be downing a few more bottles while they are young. Won't be able to keep my hands off it.

After reading your thread, I looked at Trinity white and may give that a try. Southern homebrew has a pretty good price on it I think.

I bottled the symphony a couple weeks ago. A bit young but tasty. Has good acidity and tropical aroma and flavor. Would make this again for sure. Temps will in the 80s and 90s here for another month so I will be downing a few more bottles while they are young. Won't be able to keep my hands off it.

I hadn't heard of the Symphony till I saw it in a shop today. I love mangos and tropicals so I am going to give it a try.

Hobbyiswine, have you had any of yours lately? I'm wondering if this will be an early drinker. Maybe for New Years.

Latest posts

Back