Walkers is now open

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjd

Wine Lover
Reaction score
Walkers wine juice is now open for the season. I think i will head up there Saturday and pick up a couple buckets of their Isabella-Blackberry.
I bought some of it last year and it is great! I might pick up some of the Port Blend too.
I am down to 8 empty carboys so I cannot go too crazy!

I know I have been checking almost everyday, now to figure out when we can go. You ever get their Edelweiss? It is oh so good.

I know I have been checking almost everyday, now to figure out when we can go. You ever get their Edelweiss? It is oh so good.

I've never tried it. I usually don't like white wines but I will sample it when i'm there. I might have to try it.

I was there yesterday afternoon, no lines no waiting, I was the only one there. I think I'll go on a weekday from now on. The juice is fresh and nothing I got was fermenting yet.

I had a nice day today going to Walkers and picking up juice. I bought Concord, Catawba, Isabella-Blackberry, Port Blend and Red Plum. I think i'm done for this year. I am nearing the dreaded 200 gallon limit and I might want to brew a beer for the coming holidays.

I had a nice day today going to Walkers and picking up juice. I bought Concord, Catawba, Isabella-Blackberry, Port Blend and Red Plum. I think i'm done for this year. I am nearing the dreaded 200 gallon limit and I might want to brew a beer for the coming holidays.

Hey Phil, I got their port blend a few years ago and really enjoyed it. When I back sweetened it I bought about 2 qts of pure cherry juice and dissolved the sugar in that and poured it into the blend.

oh nice I planned on going next week end but I have never been there so I didn't know what to expect. Now I am looking forward to it.
Is their port blend balanced with a higher OG for making port wine?
I see they have some available only in pail while others also per gallon. Do you need your own container if you buy per the gallon?

Hey Phil, I got their port blend a few years ago and really enjoyed it. When I back sweetened it I bought about 2 qts of pure cherry juice and dissolved the sugar in that and poured it into the blend.

Dan, I had some of your port you made with that blend. That is the reason I bought it. It was excellent! Thanks for the tip, i will be trying that.
Did you put oak in yours? I'm thinking that port should be heavily oaked.

oh nice I planned on going next week end but I have never been there so I didn't know what to expect. Now I am looking forward to it.
I see they have some available only in pail while others also per gallon. Do you need your own container if you buy per the gallon?

You bring your own containers but I do believe they have containers there that you can buy.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Buffalofrenchy, the port blend is at 21 brix. It will need to be fortified to increase alcohol content.
if you are buying bulk juices, bring your own containers or you can buy containers there. I just reuse the 6 gallon buckets that my California juice came in. The juice is kept very cold, almost freezing!

Went there yesterday and bought
Peach
Blushing bride (blush wine with hints concord like)
Niagara

Latest posts

Back