Wade's Work

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
Well, I took a look at the website of New England Stair Co (all 100 of them) and found out what Wade does in his spare time. In my estimation, Photo #77 0r #78 must go to Wade's Cellar. Very impressive and now we know the rest of the story!!!!
Yeah Wade
smiley31.gif

<STRIKE></STRIKE>
20090128_191017_078.jpg

I havent even looked at our site in a long time as they have been
redoing it for a few months now. That is a straight colonial stair
there and I dont really work on those too much, my work is mostly in
the curved department with the wreathed rails and stairs. They never seem to get any of the really extravagant stairs we build on photo and on the website. These are more a few of the stairs I do and rails that I hand route with a BIG ROUTER.
20090128_192935_043.jpg

20090128_193132_072.jpg

Just think how much $$ it is for the first pix (going to Wades Wine Cellar).
smiley20.gif

Having such talent is truly a gift! I do allot of projects and it works but my work does not resemble anything with skill involved. I stained an oak door and had to hire a pro to strip and refinish, wood working is not my area...

Would like to see some other projects of yours. I remember your wine racks also very nice!

Will post a picture tomorrow night of a winder stair that Im almost done building, it will be a shop picture and not a finished in house picture but its a pretty intricate stair with all the angles instead of radial work. It also has newel pockets built in so you just slide your post in to the right height of your rail and lock it in, this pocket has to be routed just like a stair stringer and is pretty tricky but these are the jobs that I love and others hate because one wrong route and you are screwed. I rarely make a mistake in woodworking, all my mistakes are financial!
smiley36.gif

depends on what Im cutting but yes most of the time when I have lots of time invested in a certain part you bet I do.

Beautiful work Wade....You should be very proud to be a part of that....

It's more a work of art than construction.

Will be admired for many years by many people.

It is amazing how something so basically functional....going from point A to point B......can be so exquisite and beautiful and admired.

Must be a rewarding profession, Wade.

Ramona

WOW

Did I get something started, or what, Wade? Seems like folks will be asking you to do a lot of work on the side!!!! hummmmm!!! Your list will start growing now, I'm sure. Wonder if you will work for wine????What do yo mean by BIG ROUTER? What hp and what bits? Table or freehand?

How many bottles, carboys, barrels or tanks of wine will it take to get you to come to sunny Cal for a vacation?????????????????????????

rrawhide

3 1/4 hp router freehand, company never invested in a rail routing machine and they can be crappy as if you get a grainy pc of wood they eat up that pc bad as there really is no way to start and stop one of these once they are set up and running like someone free handing a rail can stop and run the area backwards so that it doesnt chip out. Very big router bits with many different size bearings to step the cuttings down. I wish i could take that kind of a vacation. Sorry, I didnt remember my camera this morning to take the picture but that stair is still sitting in my area till Monday morn as the contracter didnt want it yet as they fell behing on construction this week due to weather so Ill get the pic Monday morn.

rgecaprock said:
It is amazing how something so basically functional....going from point A to point B......can be so exquisite and beautiful and admired.

Same thing I say every time I look in the mirror Ramona
smiley36.gif

I was just going to give a big wow to Wade's work because I cant draw a straight line but I read your post first Waldo.

Now I'm just stunned
smiley36.gif

Waldo said:
Same thing I say every time I look in the mirror Ramona
smiley36.gif

I've been sick in bed with strep throat the past two days. I read this and laughed so hard I almost suffocated.

Measure twice, Cut once!! I cut it off twice and it is still too short!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back