Wade's Work

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smiley36.gif

Waldo said:
rgecaprock said:
It is amazing how something so basically functional....going from point A to point B......can be so exquisite and beautiful and admired.

Same thing I say every time I look in the mirror Ramona
smiley36.gif

I keep grinning everytime I see this Post....
Just had to move it up a page.....
Only because it is soooo true....
smiley4.gif

He is quite the handsome devil isnt he, especially when hes all done up in that red outfit!
smiley4.gif

Here is a slight radius stair rail and a 20' balcony rail which I almost finished both today and even with a dust mask on I probably breathed in more dust then all of you breathe in in a year!
BigCutter.jpg

Bigcutterinrouter.jpg

Bigcutterrouted.jpg

Topradius.jpg

Topdone.jpg

Bottomcutter.jpg

Raildone.jpg

WallofRail.jpg

Numberofplies.jpg

Bigrail.jpg

Theend-1.jpg

That pile of dust there is approx. 6' in circumference and 9" deep. It filled 2 55 gallon drums!

Nice job Wade. It is hard to run a router on something like that with a vac attached, so the operator needs to suck it all in! Even the masks and respirators plug up! I wan to see the finished product! Still waiting for that other picture you promised us or did I miss it somewhere!

My batteries ran out on my camera so I took a pic with my phone and am trying to touch up the pic in photoshop as the phone camera
smiley35.gif
s! should be in later. Let me tell you that router bit in the first pic is huge and makes even that huge router scream and really eats up an old router. I blew up 1 router today as the router started screaming then went up in smoke with the owners son(production manager) standing right by me and scared the hell out of him, wish he had been the 1 holding that router at that time as I thought the thing was going to throw the bit it was vibrating so bad, i couldnt find the shut off fast enough and clean out my drawers.

I got my camera with a docking station that charges the batteries while in it. I leave the camera in it and when I need pictures just grab it and go. It is good for a hundred pictures or so. When you are done, you pop it in the docking station to download the pictures. Just leave it there until the next use. You always have a full charge.

That must have been something having a router go up like that in your hands. Glad it didn't grab on you.

This was the best I could do with photoshop and my crappy phone, you should have seen it before I touched it up, its hard to believe that I cold make it this good as it was like pitch black. Rich, it isnt the first tim e Ive had this happen as all the routers we have are all old, good thing is about himbeing right there was that he was very scared and asked what the heck that was and I told him thats why we ask for new tools as the old ones are shot. He said we'll be getting 3 new routers in the next few days!!!
Winder.jpg

This stair takes anoter corner at the top but only 2 pie treads up there and if I walked back any farther you wouldnt be able to see much wuth that camera.

How's the rail coming? Did you get it finished up yet? Something like that must be a bear to give a final anding on. Do you have to do that detail work or is somebody else the finish person? Make sure to get us a picture of the final product!

That rail was finished the next day as most of it was done on those 2 rails the first day. I have to do all the sanding on the rails myself and its the worst part of the job!!!!!!!! As long as you do a good job routing though there isnt a lot to sand and it will get sanded again when installation gets done as they have to attach fittings and drill the bottom of it for balusters. Sorry, no more pics of it but it wouldnt look much different as Im not a very good photographer and barely know how to use the camera.

Latest posts

Back