WineXpert VR Australian Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el wino

Reaction score
I finally mixed the ingredients for my VR Australian Shiraz.Here are some pics.
20070207_205357_brewing_shiraz_.jpg
20070207_205557_brewing_shiraz_.jpg
20070207_205646_brewing_shiraz_.jpg
G reading of 1.074" src="http://www.finevinewines.com/images/uploads/20070207_205738_brewing_shiraz_.jpg" width=640>
20070207_205841_brewing_shiraz_.jpg
20070207_205916_brewing_shiraz_.jpg

first time uploading pics.Must of not followed the instructions correctly.......
didn't show my S>G pic of 1.074

Hi There Gilbert, Your kit wine look good and has a pretty color.I have never made a kit wine.I started out with berry and fruit from scratch.Keep us posted.

Harry
smiley32.gif

Hi Harry,Yeah I finally got it started.It does have a good color.I will attemped to make my first fruit wine ,blueberry from real friut this weekend.Waldo ,the sharaz is my favorite also and it is bubbling really good this morning.........I will keep youposted........

One thing you could try, to make for a more comples wine el wino is the addition of some oak cubes. While they won't increase the body of the wine, they will increase the tannins somewhat with you controlling the amount by the length of time in the wine. The higher end shiraz kits seem to include one type or another of oak. A medium toast French oak would do the trick for you.

Your pictures look good even if one didn't load. Keep up the good work and before you know it you will be done and enjoying the kit.

Appleman.Is It ok to float the cubes or would the sink later into the must.I have heavy toast american cubes....

Usually the cubes go into the secondary when you rack to it. Powdered oak could go in during primary and is leaved behind at the first racking.That kit goes about 10 days before the next step. They could be removed then before stirring and adding the clearing agents, etc. I'm not going much into depth here because there are so many different ways to do it. The oak you have should be good.

El...looking good...love the pics. I am making my first wine also(VR Zinfandel) Hope yours turns out good.

Oh,yeah Mharris335.This actually my second.I already have a cab/sauvignon on the clearing stage..It was a selection'sby wine expert.I astarted it on 1-6-07..........Seems like its o.k.I will sample it on the last racking,seeing that it still has a little sediment prpbably from the clearing agents.....gil

El.....I just got the Sauvignon</span></font> Blanc Marlborough WE from George. I can't wait to make that wine.

My Zin is too thin for my liking so I am jumping up to their Estate or </font>Selection International kits to see if they get any more better. Let me know how you like your Cab when you try it.

</font>

I sure will let you know how the cab.turns out.Its on the days of claring according to the instructions.I do plan to bulk age it....

Back