WineXpert Vintners Reserve Angel Blanco Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajunlte

Reaction score
I am interested in getting input from those that have brewed this kit. This is my very first kit after having successfully brewed several batches of fruit type wines and find that after aging since 01/10/15 that the taste still tends to have a tartness to it. I followed the instructions exactly. I wasn't able to check the acidity of the wine, but suspect it has something to do with that. Can I expect to tartness to eventually fade? Thanks

You really need to let this age in the bottle for a good while longer for the tartness to go away. Three months would be the soonest and 6 months to a year would be good.

I have this in my wine rack and made the following notes at different stages if your interested. Probably one of my favourite mid range off-dry wine kits

131 Days - 1/5 Nose 1.5/5 Taste - Off Dry and quite rough but the flavour profile starting to develop
180 Days - 1.5/5 Nose 2/5 Taste - No kit wine smell on the nose but no change to the flavour profile. In principle i should like the combined Chardonnay, Muscat and Riesling and it's ok but at the moment i'm far from loving it.
217 Days - 2/5 Nose 3/5 Taste - What a transformation! Utterly different bottle of wine since the last tasting. Pleasant to drink with hints of peach coming through.
268 Days - 3/5 Nose 3.5 Taste - Wine seems to have changed again. Nice pleasant nose and very enjoyable soft wine

Back