WineXpert Vinters Reserve Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDKS

Reaction score
I started the riesling kit tonight. Sorry there are not photos. Had problems with fermenter leaking.

Started Feb 7

1.075 SG
Temperature 72 degrees

<table style="width: 381px; height: 141px;" ="maintable" align="center" border="2" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><t><tr><td width="5%">3174</td>
<td width="10%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5Cvr_10sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="50%">

Riesling

Light, refreshing &amp; well balanced. Smooth &amp; easy to drink.</td>
<td width="10%">Vintners Reserve</td>
<td width="10%">$60.99</td>
<td width="10%"><div align="center">$57.33 </td></tr></t></table>

It should end up about 10% ABV. The juice had a strong smell to it as soon as bag was opened. This one should have good flavor.

Just a F Y I

I have made Riesling and this makes a nice sparkling wine. You can get a carbonator to put on top of a soda bottle and fill with the wine. Downside is you need a CO2 tank to carbonate.

tepe said:
Just a F Y I</font>

I have made Riesling and this makes a nice sparkling wine. You can get a carbonator to put on top of a soda bottle and fill with the wine. Downside is you need a CO2 tank to carbonate.</font>

Thanks for the suggestion. I already have co2 setup from making root beer. Might do half the batch. Do you have more information on where to find carbonator?

You will have to look it up at homebrew stores. I didnt see that George carries is unless I missed it.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width=125>
eqp5317a_400.jpg
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top ="copy">Carbonator valve coupling
Attaches to plastic soda bottles. Use with your Regulator and Co2 tank to carbonate beer and soft drinks. Ball lock fitting. Simple and easy to use.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=3>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD ="copy"></TD>
<TD ="copy"></TD>
<TD ="copy"></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=3>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=bottom ="copy">Carbonator Valve coupling
Ship Wt: 1lb.
<TD width=1 ="#ccccc">
spacer.gif
</TD></TD>
<TD vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle ="red_bold_copy"> </TD>
<TD align=middle width=1 ="#ccccc">
spacer.gif
</TD>
<TD vAlign=bottom align=middle ="copy">QTY:&lt; style="FONT-SIZE: 9px; HEIGHT: 19px" maxLength=2 size=2 value=1 name=qty&gt;</TD>
<TD align=middle width=1 ="#ccccc">
spacer.gif
</TD>
<TD vAlign=bottom align=middle ="copy">&lt; = height=17 width=66 ="http://www.beer-wine.com/s/add.gif"&gt;</TD></></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

I just ordered the same kit , BDKS. I should have it Wednesday, let me know how yours is going!

Chatterbox, you may finish the process in 30 days, but probably won't be drinkable for a few months. wait wait wait.
smiley4.gif

Wow, time flies with this one. Time to stabilize. Ready to bottle in 2 weeks. I will get some updated photos. For chatterbox, W.E. suggest 1-3 months after bottling.

BDKS, How is the clearing going? I did the same kit and it isn't clearing very well. It may be because after I degassed it and added everything I needed to, I decided to degass a little more and the degassing drill attachment fell in the carboy. Its still in there. (oops)

BikerShannon said:
BDKS, How is the clearing going? I did the same kit and it isn't clearing very well. It may be because after I degassed it and added everything I needed to, I decided to degass a little more and the degassing drill attachment fell in the carboy. Its still in there. (oops)

Sorry I did not see your reply. I have not been on here in a while. This one cleared without problems. I just bottled it this weekend April 19th. So I left it in the carboy for longer than suggested in the instructions.

Here is the final product. It received good comments at a party yesterday.

20090420_092833_100_1385.JPG

20090420_093254_100_1388.JPG

Thanks. We did empty one bottle. I think this one will be better with some time.

Mine took a while longer than I thought to clear, but i turned out really well. I bottles it a couple weeks ago. I haven't tried any yet. I also misspelled Riesling on my labels! Oops!

Latest posts

Back