Other Vineco kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those were pretty much my thoughts also but had toi throw that out there since it does make some sense. I know I have played around with some recipes and liked the end result better although I have never added a grape skin pack to a kit wine that didnt include it yet mainly because it just really wasnt an option to get these packs but probably will try it a few times in the future. The only problem with that is that I most likely wont have done the kit without it 1st to compare it too.

Obviously some kit makers don't want us to buy grape packs to add to their lower end wines but me thinks the reason is that the profit margins on higher end kits is much higher. Can't blame the kit co's thats just the way of big business.

This industry is definitely not BIG BUSINESS. The entire home wine making industry in the U.S. is smaller than $100 million! Do you realize how many U.S. companies are larger than that? Thousands....

I will also add that the margins on the higher end kits are less than the lower end kits. The reason is quality. You can not take a low end kit, add some raisins and get a high end kit. You can get a better low end kit, but you will not wind up with a Crushendo by addingraisins to a Vintner's Reserve or a World Vineyard.Edited by: geocorn

If thats the case then yours is a truely unique business model. It doesn't make business sense to have a smaller profit on an item that requires more capital to carry. Don't miss understand me I like your business model more high end wine for me!

bonvec

If you make 25% less profit on a high end kit, but sell twice as many than anything else, you made more money......... it's not always about price, it's quality...... and giving the customers what they want.

Trust me, it is not the business model I would like to have. It is the one forced upon me to stay competitive. The presses, crushers and oak barrels are worse. It is the prime reason for discontinuing them. Their margins do not justify the carrying cost. I can use my money much more wisely with more wine kits and accessories.

If you could see behind the scenes, you would be surprised at the numbers. A lot of it does not make good financial sense, at all. The objective to find a way to carve your own niche.

"i can use my money much more wisely with more wine kits and accessories".i told my wife the same thing when we discussed the rent!

Back