Vinbtire filters

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bj4271

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using these with good success, but I just noticed in George's catalog there is a paper(product5310), separate from the pad,that fits the 5292 VinBrite filter. What does it do? Am I suposed to have been using this with the filter pad?

The paper is designed to catch any loose particles that might come off the pads when filtering so it isn't necessary but added protection to ensure your wine is crystal clear. This design is the same as used in many "Sparkler" filters used in the pharmaceutical industry.

So it would go on the downstream side of the filter, right? Extra protection is good.

Yes that is correct...it goes between the support disk and the locking ring. I have the older version of the filter without the vent and my support disk is clearly marked which side should face the padand paper.

I have used the filters also, good results. I read an older post by MedPretzel where she wasnt impressed with them(if memory serves me well) and never gave asecond thought to trying them.

Latest posts

Back