Mosti Mondiale Very slow fermintation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martini

Junior
Reaction score
Started a batch of Mondiale Amarone on Saturday it is now Tuesday i have some bubbling but not much. should i add additional yeast or should i just be patient? Also started two batches of winexpert cab sauv both boiling nicely.

Have you tried taking an SG reading? Sometimes it looks like the wine is doing nothing or very little, but the yeast are actually working away happily. Also what are the temps? Lower temps will slow the process down and kits should be around 75 to ferment.

Have not taken SG yet will do as soon as I get home. Temp is around 68 degrees and the winexpert cab sauv is bubbling nicely and the Amarone not so much. Can this just mean i need more time or the yeast didn't work?

I have the RJS super tuscan and MM Zin in the same room at roughly the same ambient air temp. The super tuscan went to town fermentation wise with no help and the zin I had to put a heater on.... (both same yeasts). So, in my limited experience they are living creatures and can be a bit finicky.
smiley1.gif

Sounds like a good idea, just added some heat. Will see whathappens. thanks for the help!

I have done a few MMMondiale kits and all of them fermented with tiny pin point bubbles. Never had a vigorous bubbling, foamy fermentation.They all fermented to dry without problem. BTW they did require additional clarifying. Hopefully MM has improved the clarifying agents by now. If not you might have a stock of Sparkloid or Superklear fining agents on hand.

Latest posts

Back