WineXpert Very little bubbling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just racked my first batch and this is the third full day in the carboy. I am doing a Vintners Reserve Chardonnay item number 3188. I know that fermentation is probably slowing down but I want to make sure. There is very little bubbling in the airlock compared to the past couple days. I just want to make sure this is normal. Now it is still there but it is obviously slower. Should I be concerned or is this normal? There is still another 7 days to go before I continue to step 3. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>Edited by: First Time Wine

Sounds like it is perfect normal...what was the SG when you transfered to the carboy?

Sounds right on track to me. Wait until the other 7 days go by and check the sg two days in a row to make sure it is stable then continue on. Before you know it you will be bottling and then enjoying.
smiley20.gif

It is almost completely done fermenting so it will probably stop bubbling altogether very soon. Your in good shape. It always slows down as you near completion.

Okay good thing I am patient. There is a bubble qbout every min or so. On the up side it is clearing very nicely. It will be nice to get to the end and see it clear.

Edited by: First Time Wine

Now that you have it in the secondary, be extra patient. It can sit there for awhile. Don't be in a hurry from here on out. You'll make a better wine, the more patient you are.

DrtDoctor

Back