Valentines Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rgecaprock said:
If we could this is what I would like to do for the weekend, go to Messina Hof Winery and Resort. Stay at the bed an breakfast, enjoy the wines and the restaurant. I'll bet Angell Wine may have been there?

http://www.messinahof.com/index.html

Believe it or not ain't been there yet. We did stay at Kiepersol Winery once. The place was nice. I was impressed.

http://www.kiepersol.com

Everyday is Valentines Day when he says "I love you"

You can't beat that.

SMILEY-HEART.gif

Angell, Looks nice there. Texas has alot to offer!! Ramona

Edited by: rgecaprock

Well, I went to get the mail the other day and there was a post card ad for a diamond heart necklace at the jewlery store, I have never bought my wife (ex) diamonds before, but now there is a necklace on the way to Tennessee for Valentines day, we were divorced this year after 29 years together and three great children, I didn't want a divorce and I may have a chance of her coming back, but its going to be a while. She was here last week and it has been hard after she left.
Back on the subject I'm going with the diamond heart necklace and a card I made on the computer with a picture of us on our honeymoon on the back.

I say get on the next plane to Tennessee and stand at her door naked, with nothing on but a diamond necklace for her (no pockets).............

20070203_204753_baby-141.gif

Edited by: jobe05

AAASTINKIE said:
Well, I went to get the mail the other day and there was a post card ad for a diamond heart necklace at the jewlery store, I have never bought my wife (ex) diamonds before, but now there is a necklace on the way to Tennessee for Valentines day, we were divorced this year after 29 years together and three great children, I didn't want a divorce and I may have a chance of her coming back, but its going to be a while. She was here last week and it has been hard after she left.
Back on the subject I'm going with the diamond heart necklace and a card I made on the computer with a picture of us on our honeymoon on the back.
Oh, man! I'm tearing up here reading this! That's got to be one of the sweetest things I've ever read.
Hoping that in a short time you will have your Lady Love back!
smiley32.gif

Here's a couple of suggestionsfor Valentine's day. Maybe something your partner collects? OR Maybe something that will remind her of her mother or Grandmother- like an embroydried(spelling?) piece, an antique quilt, old lace- you can find pieces like this in little antique shops, or Ebay.We gals are, for the most part, very sentimental, and nostalgiac!
smiley2.gif

Maybe a gift basket filled with a her favorite chick flick on DVD, a box of tissues, chocolate truffles, a nice fluffy throw to curl up in, popcorn, and a bottle of her favorite wine(or a box of her favorite tea, if she's a tea drinker).

As long as she knows it came from your heart, she'll love it!

Hey, i get excited if my hubby cleans the kitchen!

I'm on a plane to Tenn. with gift in hand along with a dozen long stems, red of course.
smiley27.gif

I don't know about the naked part as suggested by Jobe (in my case at least that wouldbe one ugly site) but I wish you all the best Frank.
smiley14.gif

Frank has been my Best Friend since I met him on the Forum. Everything about him comes directly from the heart. I talk to him everyday and he is always thinking of others and what he can do to make them happy. Frank is a Valentine.
heart2.gif
I hope that in time that his wife will come back and they will live happily ever after.

Ramona
red-hrt-flashin0.gif
Edited by: rgecaprock

rgecaprock said:
Frank </font>is a Valentine</font>
heart2.gif

Ramona
red-hrt-flashin0.gif
</font>

Once in a lifetime your paths cross with someone like that....I always look forward to his Personal Posts in AAASTINKIE IS HERE and will learn a little more about this very diverse person and see what I can learn...He is very unique...cooks, cans, makes wine, maple syrup, and much more and a very loving family man....

We are all blessed to be able to touch this man....even if it is just here on the Forum....

If she has a pulse and is drawing breath, she has to be touched by your
sincereity. I hope it works for you because you seem to want
it. If it doesn't...it is definitely HER LOSS! You are
Prince Charming on this venture and I hope it works for you. With
all due respect to "Jobe" please don't show up naked at her
doorstep. ..bad idea and reeks of restraining orders. X O Sally

Ok today was Valentines Day and with a winter storm hitting our area I took the day off since school was canceled and the kids were homeand my sweetie was scheduled to work. Spent a good part of the day scraping the ice/slop off the driveway so it wouldn't be a mess tonight as the temperature drops into the teens.

I ended up getting her a genuine David (Big Papi) Ortiz #34 RED SOX jersey and she loved it! She bought me a nice sweatshirt with a quote from Jim Cramer on it and a big box of dark chocolates.

The best part of the day was dinner and it was unbelievable! Beef tenderloin stuffed with a seafood stuffing (shrimp, peppers, onions,cayenne pepper), garlic mashed potatoes with wild mushroom gravy, and sautéed asparagus.

Wine was a bottle of Robert Mondavi Private Selection 2003 Merlot I have had in the cellar since Xmas 2005.

It was an awesome meal and was very special to share it with the person who ismore than just my wife, she is my best friend, my lover, and the one person I know I can count on and lean on no matter what!

20070214_164823_Tenderloin_07_M.JPG

I brought home some King Crab legs for my honey, her 2nd favorite food
next to Soft Shell Crabs which are out of season. So this was the next
best thing. I got home from work which took 1 1/4 hours instead of the
1/2 hour due to the weather and a bunch of people who I swear never
drove in snow (actually 2 1/2" of sleet and not one snow flake) and
pulled out the snow blower and did the driveway. Fired up the big pot
and cooked them legs up. She was thrilled! The card and the truffles
didnt hurt either!

Masta, Emeril would be envious!! That looks mouth-watering. I just decided on meat and potatoes. A rib eye with mushroomsfor Curtis and a baked potato and a sirloinburger for me!! But it will taste extra good with his company(he will be home by 7, usually by 10) and a bottle of Napa Valley 713 Cabernet that he has hidden away since that was the hottest wine going at his store over the holidays. I was going to get him a card but as usual I waited until the last minute as did everyonelse....they were standing 3 deep in the card isle...lol.....I might just write a poem for him!!

nval1-2.gif
You all have a wonderful evening, whatever you do with your sweeties....Ramona

We decided on a road trip today....left the house at 7:30 this AM and -24*F...[we just got the heater fixed in the old caddy and wanted to try it out...heat is good!!!!]

We headed down to where we use to live to run some errands at old stomping grounds..stocked up on goodies from old familiar places....

Stopped at Friends place, dropped off a case of wine and some late Christmas gifts, picked up 10 empty cases of wine bottles, 15 pounds of frozen Chokecherries for the 'Wine-Cause' then met a few friends for lunch...It was wonderful to see old friends.....Friends are always your friends..even if miles separate you.

We had French Dip and Hungarian Mushroom soup.....

Was good to get home...popped a bottle of bubbly and enjoyed some left-overs from lunch...

Life is good in de-tundra....

We did fillet mignon on the grill, bacon wrapped shrimp, Thai noodles, and a shrimp/cucumber/wild greens salad. For dessert we had chocolate silk pie. We had a bottle of Korbel Brut Rose (my favorite bubbly).

I wanted to thank Ramona for tuning me onto
http://www.messinahof.com/index.htmlwe'llbe going there next week for a night to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary.

Back