Valentines Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
Looking for new ideas for a Valentines day gift for my sweetie.

How about a kit of YOUR favorite wine Masta. That's sure to make a splash with her - all over you that is!
smiley36.gif

How about a whole day of your undivided attention and affections - and a big box of chocolates, and a diamond necklace, and a dinner out and........

What's your sweetie's interests? You may want to look around and enroll her (and yourself) in a class she would like, such as a cooking class or a wine/chocolate-tasting class.

My sweetheart loves stained glass, so two years ago I enrolled us together in a stained glass class, and she absolutely loved it!

Well her biggest interest is me
smiley4.gif
but that is a good thought since she looks to cook. Thanks Funky!

My husband "kidnapped" me a couple of years ago. Totally arranged for my parents to come spend the night with the little ones, while he never told me where we were going--only what to pack!!

(turns out we only drove 2 hours away and he took me to see Bon Jovi--my absolute favorite)

Goodluck!!!

Francie

Take her to Atlantic City for the weekend. After a little gambling and dinner you can take her to Brulee for one of those $1000.00 brownies. They put gold dust on top and then spray top notch port into your mouth through a perfume looking bottle.

http://www.bruleedesserts.com/CrystalMenu.aspxEdited by: sangwitch

Masta: If your wife is anything like mine, you could spend your entire life's savings on that one day for fur's, trips, fancey dinners and jewelry and it still won't mean as much as a cozey evening snuggled up with a good movie, a glass of wine and a bowle of popcorn. As long as she knows that she is everything to you, and you know it, I'm not sure the other stuff matters all that much. Edited by: jobe05

Jobe,

Sounds like we married the same woman. Congratulations!

It is quite amazing how our perspective on what's important changes as we age. I wish I could impart this wisdom to my kids.

I think you have imparted your wisdom on your children as I have mine, as our parents did us, and just like us, it will take them 40+- years to figure it out.

masta, I agree with jobe and george. You know I was joking about spending a grand on a brownie right?
smiley36.gif

it was on the news today. crazy
smiley5.gif
Edited by: sangwitch

George, Jobe,

We impart those values to our children by walking the walk ourselves. As parents there is only so much you can do to effect your childrens life. You for sure can't tell them what to do. All we can do is set the example. And as a father of older children (18,22,24) it is a joy when you realize that they were watching.

I hope I'm not preaching - my humble opinion.

Thanks everyone and the wife and I really don't spend much on gifts so I was just trying to brainstorm some new ideas for something special.

Yup that is crazy......

I like Francie have young ones and the most important thing would be
just to get away for a couple of hours to go out to eat and have a few
drinks. I love my kids dearly but we do not get the chance but maybe 3
or 4 times a yeart to do something alone. but not spend a lot of money.

Something else I did for my wife this past year, masta. I play hockey, and she's my biggest (and only) fan. So to show my appreciation of her, I took her to an NHL game (Columbus Blue Jackets vs Chicago Blackhawks). I didn't tell her what we were doing until after she opened her present, which was a Blue Jackets jersey.

We stopped at a Irish pub after the game and had some great fish and chips, but the best part was spending the weekend together (and her being surprised).

Or, you could just get up early, serve her breakfast in bed, and let her curl up with a book for the day while you prepare lunch, supper, and just generally wait on her.

I don't think you can go wrong with flowers -- a dozen roses, any color, especiallydelivered to her in front of her friends or co-workers! That tells all her friends/co-workers how special SHE is to have a thoughtful guy like YOU!
smiley1.gif

How about a surprise picnic with all her favorite foods and wine. Pack it up in a big basket with with everything you'll need along with a blanket and picnic in the livingroom. =)

Women love men who can plan a good date. It makes them feel loved and appreciated.

#1. Women dig it when whatever it is you do shows that you put loads of thought into it. (Thought about them, not you.
smiley2.gif
)
#2. If you are going to do something, make all the arrangements, from reservations to kid care. Do it right away and then let her know that there is a plan & EVERYTHING is being handled.
#3. The good women don't require large sums of money be spent, but like I said, they really dig it
smiley27.gif
when it reflects that you've been thinking about them.

Back