Vacuum pump recommendations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtrk

Winemaking dysfunctional
Reaction score
Okay I can't stand it any longer. I need a vacuum pump! I keep hoping Wade posts up another bargain but haven't seen one lately.
I would like to hear some reviews on the ones the members here use and what brand/model.
I found what seems to be a nice one on Amazon and it's reviews are good but i'm sure that most people don't use them for wine making.
This is the one I am considering and it seems to be priced right. I just don't want to end up with something that won't last.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ADA5HY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Suggestions please!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have that exact unit. I used it for the first time tonight (racking from carboy to carboy)... and it worked perfectly.

I swung by the local med supply shop with my dad when he needed to go pick up a cpap hose and mentioned to the guy that I was looking for one for my wine making. He told me to come back on Sat with some wine, I did and I walked out the door with one. He said they generally just toss them when they are returned.

You should see if you can get all the ones they would throw out and sell them here for a few bucks, everyone wants them!!! If they run and the gauge doesnt bounce around and the vacuum makes it up to above 18" then they are good and just might need a few hoses and new canister and hydrophobic filter, a few bucks into it and you can make some money and help out some people on here.

I swung by the local med supply shop with my dad when he needed to go pick up a cpap hose and mentioned to the guy that I was looking for one for my wine making. He told me to come back on Sat with some wine, I did and I walked out the door with one. He said they generally just toss them when they are returned.

Great score!!!

Okay I can't stand it any longer. I need a vacuum pump! I keep hoping Wade posts up another bargain but haven't seen one lately.
I would like to hear some reviews on the ones the members here use and what brand/model.
I found what seems to be a nice one on Amazon and it's reviews are good but i'm sure that most people don't use them for wine making.
This is the one I am considering and it seems to be priced right. I just don't want to end up with something that won't last.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ADA5HY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Suggestions please!
Probably a good pump, but verrry expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that expensive for a nrand new pump of this quality but a little more expensive then the one I linked and thats a great pump also.

Last edited:
Look at out new banner here if your still interested in a vacuum set up! If you buy one from him make sure you tellhim you are from here!

As of tonight I have a vacuum pump on the way! :b

Nice pump but very expensive! Did you also have to pay for shipping?

Vac pump sale

FWIW Harbor Freight sent a sale flier and it has their $110 vac pump on sale for $80. Plus there is an added 15% discount on top of that.

I think it is the same one Running Wolf posted in pictures of his set-up.

YO

Latest posts

Back