Useful table for me.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olusteebus

Reaction score
I had a cabinet that I kept all my carboys in and it got crowded last month. I had to put two carboys on uneven ground (cellar is a crawl space). I was going to pick up one and as it was on an angle, it swung into the other and crash!

That was the impetus to build the table I had been thinking about, to set all my carboys on so I could easily move them around for racking, bottling etc. I wanted a surface that I could easily slide carboys around.

I considered tile, linoleum etc. and using carpet under the carboy.

What I ended up making was a 6 foot by 30 inch table that is about a foot off the ground. The surface is a plain white tile board from a hardware store. It is for showers, no lines or images of tile, just plain flat surface.

I went to walmart and got some cheap throw rugs and made them 12 x12 and set them under my carboy, carpet down and rubberized bottom up. I will be making carpet covers for my carboys using velcro to hold them in place if I want to slide it around.

Works for me.

Next time you need carpet for something like this go to Home Depot. They have some nice indoor/outdoor carpet. Ask them to cut you a 12" piece from the roll. The roll is about 12' long so now all you have to do is cut pieces to length from the 12' strip. I did this exact same thing and cut pieces 3' long that I can wrap around my carboys and tape the ends together. I do this on every other carboy to keep them from banging into each other.

Latest posts

Back