trashbin mash wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elgallo

Junior
Reaction score
i apologize if this is in the wrong place for this. ive searched the forum and the inter-webs and i cant get a definitive answer.

lately ive wanted to take scrap fruit and make a wine or likker mash from it. problem is, no idea what im doing.

i have 10lbs of sugar and 2.5 lbs of mixed fruit (cantaloup, banana, strawberry, grape, and apple chunks.) cantaloupe has rinds.

i have a good bit of equipment and would like help from the forum. understandably i will take pictures and post notes.

if i wanted to make a 1-2 gallon batch of mash. how much sugar would i need to add? i have bread yeast and brewers yeast of some type.
****pictures on the way!

please help with the process from the beginning. one step at a time. this could be a good source for others with same questions.

thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited:
i apologize for multiple posts, im using my phone and limited in how i share information.

2.5lbs of fruit

image.jpg

-corn sugar
-energizer
-yeast nutrient
-campden tablets
-priming sugar
-irish moss
-grape tannin
-potassium sorbate
-super-ferment nutrient
-pectic enzyme
-gelatin
-polyclar

image.jpg

i want to make it from minimal ingredients. the pictures are reference to whats in my box.

im probably going to run it through a still.. just need step by step. someone posts first steps. next i do it, taking notes and pictures on the way.

If you want something that has flavour I think you need to up your fruit quantity! You have enough fruit there for about half a gallon. If you put that through a still, you wont be left with much.

You might want to wander over to the forums on homedistiller.org. However, you will not be treated kindly there if you don't bother to do some learning on your own before asking questions.

elgallo, That picture with the fruit sure does look good! It makes me want to put it in a food dehydrator to eat! Unfortunately since you mentioned the purpose of this is to run it through a still I am going to need to shut this thread down. Being a new member you will not be banned but please remember distilling is illegal and we do not discuss it on this forum. We look forward to hearing from you on future wine making discussions.

You won't get a step by step here to include running it through a still. If it gets posted it will be promptly deleted. The forum is based in a state with very strict laws and that sort of discussion is not allowed on the forum.
Sorry, but we must abide by certain rules and this is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back