Torani flavoring for wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I think that some have done this in the past but I'd like to know if you have used Torani flavored syrups in your f-packs, or at all, and if they worked out okay? Also, do you think that it would be a bad addition? I was thinking about adding some caramel flavoring to my pear.

I have not tried any syrups before but I wonder if brown sugar would help at all. Just thought of it because of the recent postings about it.

I have not tried any syrups before but I wonder if brown sugar would help at all. Just thought of it because of the recent postings about it.

The only reason I wouldn't do brown sugar is because of the molasses turning the wine a brownish color. Unless I get some negative feedback about the Torani, I think it might be a go.

I make a big batch of apple pie every year. It consist of everclear, sugar, apple cider, apple juice, and cinnamon sticks. This last batch, I added a couple splashes of caramel extract until I could taste the caramel. Everyone says it was my best batch yet. I don't see how it could hurt anything in the wine. Once I get my hard apple cider wine ready to bottle I will add a little extract to a few of the bottles and see what happens. :D

Funny I just picked up a bottle of Torani Pumpkin Pie syrup yesterday. I am trying to figure out how I am going to use it in some wine.

I used the Torani Carmel syrup for my caramel crab apple wine - i didn't use it for sweetening - i used it to add caramel flavoring to it. Anxious to see how it turns out - preliminary results were good.

Funny I just picked up a bottle of Torani Pumpkin Pie syrup yesterday. I am trying to figure out how I am going to use it in some wine.

The pumpkin flavoring would be good in my pumpkin wine. I used carving pumpkins so the flavor of the pumpkin isn't very distinct. Next time I make it I will make it with sugar pie pumpkins.

I used the Torani Carmel syrup for my caramel crab apple wine - i didn't use it for sweetening - i used it to add caramel flavoring to it. Anxious to see how it turns out - preliminary results were good.

That sounds yummy! Hopefully the next taste is as good as this one. :h

Latest posts

Back