Topping off my Gallons of wine with Welches sparkling Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggz

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been making wine and skeeter pee for about 6 months now and i am always trying new stuff to up my flavors of the wine i make for myself and friends. So lately have been topping off with Welches sparkling juice and the wine is getting some really nice flavor.. If it is dark i add a little of my Molasses simple syrup and the sparkling to it, if it is light i try and find the flavor in sparkling as the wine but that can be hard when you do mango and lighter fruits like that, thats' when i just add some homemade simple syrup and some of the same juice.. The wine is getting into the flavors that myself and friends like.

Thank you
Biggz

. The wine is getting into the flavors that myself and friends like.

Thank you
Biggz
That is great! It is what it is all about.

I just wanted to note that if you are adding juice to boost the flavor, some folks here will use vodka or everclear to keep the ABV up. Depends on how much juice you add, but it is a way to avoid dilution.

If ABV wasn't a factor, we would all just drink grape juice, wouldn't we? :cool:

I just wanted to note that if you are adding juice to boost the flavor, some folks here will use vodka or everclear to keep the ABV up. Depends on how much juice you add, but it is a way to avoid dilution.

If ABV wasn't a factor, we would all just drink grape juice, wouldn't we? :cool:
And the point would be...

Yeah not much dilution at all in the 1gal. I also make the wine in a 2gallon bucket so i have extra to top off, I just like giving it a little more of a flavor change. But even after racking I do not add my potassium sorbate until i get the flavor that i want so it still ferments out, just changing some of the flavor. But i try not to dilute the wine much at all. Thanks for the replies.

Back