Tool to cut holes in rubber stopper

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not the way I do it but that sounds doable and I might even try that myself to see if its easier, my way takes about 1 minute per both holes though but if a drill press can get it totally perfect every time then that would be even better. Well, there goes my business!

Dont worry Wade, I am not really into buying 25 dollars worth of tools just to ruin 10 bucks worth of stoppers if I can just order a couple good ones from you..:b I have way too many tools I dont use as it is..:re

Sorry, you can delete my post if you'd like to.

Still not the way I do it but that sounds doable and I might even try that myself to see if its easier, my way takes about 1 minute per both holes though but if a drill press can get it totally perfect every time then that would be even better. Well, there goes my business!

I've drilled silicone bungs with success by taking the handle off of the
cork borer and inserting the tube end in a cordless drill. Use some anti-foam to lubricate the cutting edge and drill away. The bung does not give much resistance so you can just set it on top of your work bench.

Its that dang lubrication thing again! I was trying it dry by hand.

Its that dang lubrication thing again! I was trying it dry by hand.
My fingers are just healing up from the dremel, but I did get 4 bungs out of it. I like the 2 pcs of wood in a vice though.
Dan if you use a carboy, it will probaly cost you a carboy and some body parts, don't do it. :b

Latest posts

Back