too much kmeta

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quiltertoo

Reaction score
I made a 3 gal batch of db. It has fermented and is in the secondary carboy clearing. I just realized that I forgot to only use 1/2 the kmeta, nutrient and energizer that the 6 gal. batch recipe listed. Have ruined this batch?

More than likely you will be fine.

What is your hydrometer reading ?
You can always add some more meta if needed unless you are planning to rack soon- and if that is the case you would be adding meta during racking

Actually what I was trying to say is I used twice the amount I should have used. I used the amount for 6 gal. in a 3 gal. batch.

You should still be OK
Are referring to 1/2 tsp of meta ?
If that is the case I personally would not do anuthing.
If you are concerned do a splash racking between carboys and alot of the meta will be removed

Last edited:
yes that is what I meant. By splash racking is that what it sounds like. Doing some splashing instead of letting the wine flow gentley? Thank you for your reply.

Yes that is what a splash rack is, I use an angled intake tube so the wine strikes the side of the of the carboy and falls to the bottom. this is the one time when I do not worry about oxygen, as it helps bind the excess so2. The excess nutrient and energizer were most likely burned up during fermentation and should now present little concern,

Latest posts

Back