Too little juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearpaw

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I have made a wine from grapes, 4,5 liters. But I transferred the wine in an other bottle so there isn't a lot of yeast on the bottom. But I first had 4,5 liters, and now I have 4 liters. That is just too little juice. With what kind of juice should I supplement it?? I think it is a loss of taste when I use water... Ideas??
BTW i don't have any grapes anymore.
Bearpaw

Use some glass marbles that aren't painted. You pour them in until the jug is as full as needed. Chances are you would have a hard time matching the juice so the marbles just displace the air to fill the jug. Sanitize them before adding. You can get them at arts and crafts stores.

How best to sanitize the marbles? I did the marble thing last week to fill up the carboy. Just boiled them in distilled water first (vs. well water) Hope the wine will be ok.

How best to sanitize the marbles? I did the marble thing last week to fill up the carboy. Just boiled them in distilled water first (vs. well water) Hope the wine will be ok.

Boiling is not necessary for wine making. Remember, we are sanitizing, not sterilizing.

If you have a good sanitizer solution, you can pour it over the marbles, then drain and if the sanitizer calls for rinsing, do so.

I have a spray bottle of StarSan. I put the marbles in a bowl and spray them well. Let them set for 15 minutes, then rinse the marbles and use them. If you have a Kmeta solution, spray them well with it, them cover their container for 30 minutes, so the fumes can sanitize them.

Best not to touch them with your hands after they are sanitized. Repeat this process each time you use the marbles.

Latest posts

Back