time to bottle ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseph

Joseph
Reaction score
Greetings All
Have this question
I have 20 gals grape wine clearing tossed yeast 16th oct 2009.
In june it will be 8 months old, i would like to bottle then or should i leave it
bulk age longer ? need the carboys for new stuff.also using' supreme corq x2
this way i can leave bottles in case .right.?
Joseph

What variatal of grape did you use?

Tell us more about your method.

Nice to see you're going for the big batches.

type of grape

green mountains
I used concord ,its an old vine 95 years old,
i check sugar content of grapes .then let them freez one night
then checked sugar again let the grapes freez the next night .
then picked in the morning 220 # took in side and crushed them i did not want to press later so drained the plup from bag, made a nice light blush. verry clear now.
Joseph

If you do not think any more sediment is going to fall out you should be fine to bottle. If you have a filter you could run it through you wouldn't have to worry about sediment. How's it look?

Have you been htting it with silfites every 3-4 months? If not I woulod surely get an S02 tester and sulfite it properly cause thats a good amount of wine that I wouldnt want to go south for the matter of about $15! I think youd be fine to bottle at that time, are you planning on sweetening any? If so make sure you add the sulfite and sorbate.

torch 404

last rack was march 30th 2010. this was the 4th rack, looks clear as glass from top to bottom
Joseph

Yiu should be fine then unless sweetening, if so be sure to use sorbate. Thats a nice supply of concords you have!

Latest posts

Back