Throwing in the towel on the Brunello.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear you had a good trip Joe! Sorry the timing didn't work out to get together this time, hopefully on another trip out this way! Which did you prefer. Red or Green? LOL. Did you happen to stop at Black Mesa Winery on the way to Taos? Excellent wines with grapes grown from here in NM. Next time you come out this way may I suggest you give Southwest Airlines a try! They are the best in the business these days. Flights are on time, great prices and two bags checked per person for FREE! You would have to fly out of Newark, NJ. They have a one stop, change planes at Chicago Midway and then direct into ABQ. The fare is currently showing as low as $535 RT. :sm

Last edited:
Chaco Canyon

Thanks, we will do Chaco Canyon probably the next time we go to Sedona ,how far is it from there? Thanks for your reply. :seY

To get to Sedona go,to Pheonix and its a short drive up 17. Southwest Airlines is the only way to go. I travel every week and when I go to Napa a case of wine is checked free and considered my free second luggage. The winery's will put it a box made for airlines, I've don't this 6 to7 times and never broken a bottle.

I have lived here for 28 years and never been to Chaco. It is just not on the way to anywhere. Its hard to get to, via rough washboard road. Its hot so you have to go early. I have been to Sedona on several occasions. Sedona is like dying and going to heaven. Breathtaking beauty all around you. Paved roads, hotels, B&B's, places to eat, Slide Rock Canyon (must see place to play in the water). Flagstaff is only 90 miles North so you could combine a trip to the Grand Canyon and Sedona. Southwest has a ton of flights in and out of Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix. Chaco is flat out amazing from a scientific aspect. How they figured out all the angles and coordinates for the solstices without any tools. PBS did an hour long documentary in 2003 that was narrated by Robert Redford. Every now and then they will show it on your local PBS station. Its almost out of print on DVD but you can still find it online from a few sellers, even Amazon. The DVD is not cheap ($30) but it allows you to see the breathtaking beauty and amazement of Chaco without the long drive to get there. Lots of people seem to still make wrong turns today. There is nothing out there but Chaco, no close hotels, restaurants, food, gas, water. Very primitive to say the least. The DVD also has excellent aerial (helicopter) shots that show just how long and straight the lines are that connect even mesa to mesa. That aerial view is very important to fully understanding and grasping Chaco in my opinion. Not saying its not worth seeing, its just a "real hike" as they say!

chaco canyon

thanks I think the dvd will do for now,and yes I have been to Sedona 4 times each time I have wanted to move their it is a very special place ,on this earth.................jp:br

Back