Hi everyone! I let my must sit for a week. Then I put in to another floating lid air lock tank for a week. I opened it up to check on it and rack it to another clean tank.
There is a film on top of the wine. This ok?
Do I need to fix something? I attached a pic thank you
it could be flowers of wine which is a surface bacteria due to either air entry or ph imbalance or both. i would rack right away , double dose of K-Meta and check you ph range. try to rack so that surface wine is left behind.
the accuracy of a ph srip is questionable as compared a calibrated ph meter. I would get a ph meter and adjust the acid down to 3.4-3.5 on a sample. do a taste test to see if it okay. if so complete with rest of the batch. this is a green tomato wine, I would guess the additional acidity probably would aid the taste.