This bacteria?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianjamespiano

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I let my must sit for a week. Then I put in to another floating lid air lock tank for a week. I opened it up to check on it and rack it to another clean tank.
There is a film on top of the wine. This ok?
Do I need to fix something? I attached a pic thank you:)ImageUploadedByWine Making1474827580.570625.jpg

Also, this was a green tomato wine recip. Maybe it's just stuff that has floated to the top from the original must?

it could be flowers of wine which is a surface bacteria due to either air entry or ph imbalance or both. i would rack right away , double dose of K-Meta and check you ph range. try to rack so that surface wine is left behind.

Speaking of air I did have a tiny drip coming from the spout on the tank maybe that could've caused it?

Yeah the lid is a little tricky at first. Right now the PH looks around 3.8? Here is a pic. Again thanks so much for the help!! ImageUploadedByWine Making1474918348.919131.jpg

the accuracy of a ph srip is questionable as compared a calibrated ph meter. I would get a ph meter and adjust the acid down to 3.4-3.5 on a sample. do a taste test to see if it okay. if so complete with rest of the batch. this is a green tomato wine, I would guess the additional acidity probably would aid the taste.

Latest posts

Back