Thinking out loud...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swede

Reaction score
I'm kind of thinking out loud here and am looking for any input you all might have.

I'm thinking of a desert type wine, something you would serve chilled, after a meal, something towards the sweeter side of thespectrum as opposed to the dry side.

One of my favorite flavors is Blueberry, and I was thinking of what complimentary flavor could go with that. Like Blueberry-bannanna, or blueberry-rasberry, something like that. What I had in mind would be something that was very full bodied and very flavorful.

For example, the Oregon Fruit Puree recipe that's listed here on the main site, scaled up to a 6 gallon recipe, maybe 5 tins of blueberry and 1 tin of raspberry, or something like that. (And maybe save some to add back in after stabilizing.)

Or maybe use the bigger Fruit Base ones and one of each, or 2 of one and 1 of another.

Eventually I want to make something like this and experiment with the flavors. I'm wondering if people have tried combining some of these flavors for fun and see what they come up with?

Edited by: Swede

My favorite combination sweeter wine out of fruit bases was a mixture of cherry and black currant. I made a batch of each and tried different combinations and straight up ones. The half and half of black currant and cherry was best. It went very fast- everyone liked it.

smiley2.gif
good morning all,after trying wades current wine (excellent), i had a blueberry wine which was short on flavor but long on fruit,add 3/4 can of the vintners base to the mix after all was done it add the proper amount of blueberry to the mix,in my op pion i would rather see straight fruit wines in there pure state as opposed to mixing them with other fruits you seam to loose one or the other in the blend,however mixing a good fruit finished wine to a decent red or white wine ,well then their is a flavor explosion waiting to happen if the blend in balanced,thing outside the box is were we as wine makers can excel ,sweet flavors tend to try and over power each other for dominance in the bottle ,BALANCE AND TASTE>>>>>notice i said long on fruit but short on flavor,it can happen/

You added 3/4 can of vintners base after fermentation and stabilisation as a sweetner? That sounds delicious!

first time i can honestly say i produce a blueberry wine with true flavor and it was still a full body wine.,and i can say without a drought i make a good fruit wine...

I can honestly say, Joe can make an awesome fruity flavored fruit wine............... Along with other very good wines.

I can honestly say that other than Wades Currant wine and Waldos Muscadine wine, Joes was the best I had. He still needs to post me his Plum wine........ I have 19 quarts of plum juice still waiting.......
smiley36.gif

Not to mention your Blackberry Port Jobe. I have not tried Joes Blueberry but his Raspberry is to die for. Have never tried Waldo's Muscadine though! Hey buddy!
smiley36.gif
Speaking of Black Curran, I need to get a batch going of that very soon as Im out! My wife actually gave out the last 2 not knowing they were the last 2!
smiley7.gif
She is not allowed in my cellar anymore, those were either for special occasion or for contest!
Edited by: wade

wade said:
Im out! My wife actually gave out the last 2 not knowing they were the last 2!
smiley7.gif

AND YOUR STILL WITH HER??????????

OOooooohhh ..................

Thats why your sending her to Nursing school..............

If she makes that mistake again, she'll be healen her own wounds......
smiley36.gif

thank you my fine vine friends and as for the plum jobe its yours,tart up front sweet to the back side,I am in the process of make a black current (from Walkers) added powered oak to the primary what a flavor allready ,had wades ,had to try one and glad i did,peach came out out standing in a few months all will be ready to bottle and I,ll be happy to send to you the new ones along with the plum,I,am making a blended Xmas wine using my plum,Cinnamon extract and orange extract did for my wine club and they drank both the bottles i made up in one sitting,it was uniques do to the fact you could taste each flavor independently of each other as you drank this wine ,didn,t get my enter into VENDEMMIA in time but got three bottles to cellarmasters ,Niagara,plum and raspberry .....see what happens................................................

Latest posts

Back