The Rites of Spring

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I love the Springtime and to me, when the dogwoods bloom it is the indicator that Spring is truly here. It also means it's time to fulfill one of my rites of Spring and head out to the river after a good mess of crappie. In this case it was two messes. I went Tuesday evening for a couple of hours after work and caught 9

2006-04-05_145142_crappie.JPG

and went back this morning and fished until the rain and lightning ran me off the river and ended up with 15. Now all I have to do is figure out which one of my wines will go good with fresh grilled crappie.

2006-04-05_145646_crappie2.JPG

Great looking crappie Waldo.Its one of the best tasting fish. When is the fish fry? Ill bring the hush puppies and slaw.

Bill

I'm sorry Bill..It was last night.
smiley36.gif
Missed you and had to make a batch of my jalapeno hush puppies since you did not make it. The Blackberry wine washed everything down pretty good too.

Hey Waldo,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your fish don't look so good. You might want to call a vet and get them into some water in the meantime.
smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif
I think he already put them into some liquid, but it doesn't sound like it was water!
smiley3.gif

Waldo, they look GREAT!!!!

I was suppose to go crappie fishing today with some friends but couldn't due to other schedules (honey do list).....
smiley5.gif

All I could think about was putting a few of them on the grill with Mojjo spice on them! Try one for me with the Mojjo and tell me how god it is....................... so I can sulk while Im working around the house today
smiley19.gif

Edited by: jobe05

Wow...that is a load of Crappie...
smiley36.gif
Any fish has to be better with some Mojjo on it.

I picked up a Cameron stove top smoker and hope to try some smoked salmon soon and I know it will include Mojjo and Thai Dragon Hot Sauce!

I'll be fishing for those myself, along with catfish and bass after the gathering in Dallas.....going up to Oklahoma the next day for the rest of the week!!!! Can't Wait!!!&nbsp ; Ramona

Get out the white wine and some Crappie fillets What a meal you caught grew it and are eating and drinking it. WOW WOW.

Latest posts

Back