The best "fries" you will ever eat! And healthy to boot!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Better than fries! Cut potatoes almost all the way through, drizzle olive oil, butter, some sea salt, and pepper over top and bake @ 425 for 40 minutes.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I do bake a little longer for out taste.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Endless possibilities to add[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]rosemary[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]garlic[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]bacon and cheese[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The sky is the limit on toppings!
[/FONT]

potaoes.jpg

Awesome little twist on a baked spud. I will add one more.

Drizzle with some truffle infused oil and S&P to taste!

Thanks, Sammy! You got liked! I'll fix some of these for Johnna tomorrow. She loves baked potatoes!

...and try it with a sweet tater sometime... we slice 'em up into chips and bake 'em then use 'em as snacks during a movie...

I have done sweet potatoes too because they are a big crop here in NC. I use a little cinnamon with a touch of brown sugar during the last few minutes. Be sure to put a piece of foil on the cookie sheet or pan or it makes a mess.
We never ate much in the way of sweet potatoes until we moved south because they were not available all year around like they are here.

Last edited:
That looks good! Boatboy 24, I copied the recipe down to try!

Thank you!

I use a wooden spoon to either side myself to keep from cutting through. They are good when cut that way, wrapped with bacon and spices and then wrapped in foil to cook. The bacon and spices totally permeate the potato.

Bacon = bad for those with high cholesterol and dieters. Actually, potatoes are good for us as long as you use olive oil.

[FONT=&quot]Better than fries! Cut potatoes almost all the way through, drizzle olive oil, butter, some sea salt, and pepper over top and bake @ 425 for 40 minutes. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I do bake a little longer for out taste.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Endless possibilities to add[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]rosemary[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]garlic[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]bacon and cheese[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The sky is the limit on toppings![/FONT]

Sammy these look awesome and I will have to try them.

Rich you actually sprinkle cheese in the potatoe and wrap the entire potatoe with bacon the wrap in foil and cook, right? This sounds good also!

That's right Dan, but like Sammy says it is not for the cholesterol challenged, but everyone needs an indulgence every 10 years or so. I do them plain most of the time, but sometimes when I cook for the family, I need to kick it up a bit (I just make mine plain).

These do sound pretty good and you could use turkey bacon instead of real bacon.

As I got older, I kinda like a plain potato. I will try with olive oil and some herbs

Oh, and some wine. Did I mention wine?

Last edited:
Going to have to try this. Looks and sounds great. Maybe dice up a jalepeno or two, hmmm.

You gals and guys are killing me! It is only 2:45PM on Friday and I can't eat for another 4 hours.

Man! It does look good. With Rosemary!!!

The wife gives me grief over French fries, as they is about my favorite food group. (Well, at least French fries should be their own food group.)

Latest posts

Back