Mosti Mondiale that's a Girlie wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Simmons

Reaction score
I had my tax atty over last week and we were breaking out all kinds of wine - trying this one and that one.

I grabbed a bottle of the Blackberry Merlot and the Green Apple Riesling and told him, "this is girlie wine". He looked all perplexed. then he had a sip -ahhhhh, now I know what you mean.

Yup, guys - these two are all you need to score big with the ladies. These wines are your "get them impressed", "get lucky", or "get out of the doghouse" wines.

Perfect for summer - just not sure how aging would improve these - they are gone in no time.

Well, i'll slip on my tutu paint up my toenails and pour myself a glass of that Green Apple Riesling about any time.
smiley36.gif

The ladies really do like that type of wine- not all of them, but many do. Been a long time since we have seen you around. How's it going?

I have been running and doing well. Our business has just boomed since about October/November 2009. The year and a half before that, it was dead slow - but since Q4 2009, drowningly busy.

Wine - but, I have been making wine - and doing fine. No worries, no issues and just chugging along - not doing anything crazily interesting, just making some good ones (and one iffy one).

Blackberry Merlot - hard to hate this wine - some guests' fave
Green Apple - now I know why its on back order all the time
Sangiovese - OMG, George recommended this - never even heard of it - its my fave.
MM Cab - pretty good - I added extra chips - its fairly good.
Pink Grapefruit Blush (drinkable, but not very good at all - IMO)
Pinot Grigio - big mate points (note, I did not say mating points)
smiley9.gif

Green Apple, Green Apple
Meglioli Cab working on that one now
White Chocolate Port - just started that one today.

Doing lots of BBQing - having another rig made for us. Should be done by next week.

We are cooking for World Class Glass artist - Lino Tagliapietra - check out his website. http://www.LinoTagliapietra.com We are back again by request - I will be cooking Texas Style BBQ for him again --- and giving him some bottles of wine, so he knows I am civilized.

Good God Waldo. I'm going to have to have another glass of wine to fog my memory of your post. Santa in a tutu? Say it ain't so!

Wayne

I don't normally care much for the sweet wines but I love the Summer Breeze Green Apple Riesling. It's not overly sweet (I did not even up the abv) and makes a nice refreshing summer patio wine. I have friends (guys too) that love the Orchard Breezin Blackberry Merlot. I got a gold with that one in the winemaker comp this year. I personally like the green apple riesling better though.

I was wondering how the Orchard Breezin Green Apple Gewürztraminer compares to the Summer Breeze Green Apple Riesling --anyone made both?

I made the RJS Banana/Pineapple Viognier and the RJS Sangria with Seville Oranges.

Wow! They are going fast! I put them in wine-on-tap bags and have been serving them like boxed wine. Really, unless you are some kind of wine snob, they are just perfect for sweet summer wines on a hot evening, served over lots and lots of ice... they've got'a be very cold to taste good.

You won't go wrong at parties, serving these.

Waldo.......Santa Suit.......tutu = SCARY!!!! Break out the hard stuff!! Red Mountain Cab!!
smiley3.gif

Latest posts

Back