that time of year again

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,

By my count, your 40 days are over! Do me a favor and report back with the wine that you choose as the "Fast-breaker". If you feel charitable, please post a picture of it.

I am very proud of you! Congratulations and enjoy!

I am on day 29. Just 11 more to go. A week from Friday will see me sippin on something grand!

I did not start on Ash Wednesday - the following Sunday was my first day. I'll wait until Friday. Besides, I've had a couple 'days off'.

Lent is not part of our "deal"! But, I do admire your convictions and the focus it places on your faith. Good job guys, stay the course. What you are going through is nothing compared to the suffering our Lord endured for us.

We went out for dinner last night and I decided I needed a Margarita. So I guess I'm done. I'm opening something shortly, but I'm not sure what. Had originally planned on my 2014 Zinfandel, but it's sunny, breezy and 80 degrees here. I might need something cool and crisp.

Decided you were done? Or did the day make you done?
:h

Close enough LOL

Steve

Had a good day. Just decided it was close enough. It's @JohnT 's fault. He told me the other day that I was done. :i

PS: Having some pasta tonight for dinner. Based on the discussion today on the Eclipse Barolo, I decided that'd be a good option. I chose well. This is really getting good. Nice acidity, balanced with very good body, a touch of fruit and good tannin.

WAAAAAHOOOOOOO!

My lent ends TOMORROW!!!!

Hmm? Was this planned?
Lets see , end of 40 days and on a weekend?
I have a funny feeling anything you say tomorrow will not make much science, scents, cents, since....sense. :h
Congrats!!!

Aww, you might as well wait for Orthodox Easter. Just one more month...

Well, I would except that I, um

errrrr

ah-ha!

..firmly believe that one should not pretend to be something that they are not. Me, not being of that religion, I would hate to offend the great Orthodox Christians of the world. I have too much respect for these people to insult them in that particular fashion.

Lent

John, and iF by chance,THE LEAST OF HIS PEOPLE MEET YOU ONE DAY WHEN THERE THERE ARE NO DAYS AND YOU SEE HOW YOUR PRAYERS AND AND HOW ALMSGIVING SAVED THEIR LIVES AND THOSE OF FUTURE GEN, BLESSED WILL YOU BE.
CORINTH:h:h:h:h:h

Latest posts

Back