Test equipment storage containter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrKevin

Reaction score
I'm planning on building a cleaning tube (filled with kmeta) for long items (spoons, wine thief's etc). Is there any reason I can't make this out of ABS/PVC NON FOOD GRADE plastic?

Any ideas would help. I can't think of a reason it would need to be food grade, but looking for input incase I'm missing something.

Thanks
Kevin

There's some older posts here, from around the time of me joining the forum, where some folks were making something-like 6" diameter PVC tubes similiar to what you're thinking, with a permanent cap on the bottom and a fitted cap on top.

They appeared to work, but I dont know if they're still being used or were more hassle than anything

MrKevin - why look at non-food grade PVC? Why not just use water pipe? It is approved to carry your drinking water, so to me that would mean food grade approved....

Just be sure to get water pipe and not sewer pipe as it is not approved for drinking water.

I see a 4inch toliet flange, peice of pipe, and slip to female thread and a male thread cap. what the heck is those little 3/4 pipes for.

each one has one gallon markings on them for every type of carboy and fermentation vessel I own. I made them years ago and they are quite accurate. Oh yeah...after spending countless hours making them and the housing, I never used them. :)

Thanks everyone for your input.

Dan thats what I planned on building.
Thanks again everyone. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, sometimes with my tunnel vision i overlook the obvious.

Latest posts

Back