Ta Da!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! You folks with basements are lucky. Not many basements in South Georgia.

That space rocks! I would LOVE a dedicated winemaking space. No basements for us out here though:-(

Aw the heck with the equipment, I want the BASEMENT! :)

High water tables around here mean basements are rare. :rn

When my farmhouse was built in 1933, the guy did put a small "root cellar" dugout in the crawlspace. He fashioned it with a pit drain so the water that gets in on the floor runs right out. That's all I got, besides a 60-bottle VinoTemp (and I keep looking for 1 or 2 more of those).

That is an exceedingly nice workspace. Wow.

Set-up

:sm NOW THAT'S A REAL WORKING SET UP,NO FANCY RUGS OR FILLERS JUST JUICE AND GO,NO FRILLS,JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT ,,NICE JOB.:mny

Thanks everyone! I don't know what I would do without the basement, although if I didn't have one, it my keep my addiction more controlled if I didn't have the room for it! I'm anticipating however that the floor will probably be a lovely shade of purple in a few years! My hubby has a workbench and a few tools on the other side, but other than what you see, there isn't much else down there. My brother is a pretty avid homebrewer (without a basement) and much to his wife's dismay has most of his equipment in the kitchen/dining room, including a large kegerator.

Most of the stuff down there came from Craigslist, I have been EXTREMELY lucky finding all that stuff there for next to nothing. (I got the crusher, press and a really old corker for $65, carboys for $5-$15, I must have 20 of them by now). My LHBS has been awesome too in helping me re-build. There were a few x-mas presents from people as well as some very generous donations! :hug

I really like how this first round of wines has come out, they all taste pretty good! I'm hoping as I learn more and more, every season they'll be a little bit better.

Latest posts

Back