Just a Little Pick Me Up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been chronicaling my wine making on Facebook for the last 10 days. After I posted picks from Press Day, I got a post from a woman I’ve known for 46 years.

She and I went to school together, all 13 years (we met in kindergarten), and reconnected on FB as soon as I signed up. Her family, like many in the town where I grew up, were first or second generation Italian.

She posted about how she’d been following my wine making that week... as she did every year. And, how it brought her back to her childhood when her father (who passed about 20 years ago) had his winery in their basement.

Her dad made olives and prosciutto, too. Her mom made the gravy. All of the wine making equipment is still in the family. And, she recently went to visit her cousin in the old country near Monte Cassino. Antonio (her cousin) keeps the family recipes. She said she talked about the days of her youth and of my winemaking in America.

The posts were so dear. I could sense that there were tears in her eyes as she commented. There were in mine as I read them.

That’s all. I’d just finished cleaning up equipment as I read her posts and all I could think...

This is so worth every ounce of effort.

God bless.

Last edited:
Back