Sweet Red Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nursejohn

Reaction score
I am new to winemaking. My wife and I both enjoy a sweet red wine from Twin Springs Winery in Tow, Tx. Also enjoy St. Genivieve sweet red. Anyone have a recipe on how to make a wine like that at home. Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, nursejohn.

Are you wanting to do a kit wine or make one from concentrates. If the latter is applicable i would recommend doing a Black Currant using Vinters harvest concentrate. Im sure others will have some good ideas too. Just need to know which direction you wish to go.

I don't really know which route I want to go. I am fairly new at this, but am willing to try something new. A kit may be the best for me right now since my experience level is still a novice. I am currently only on my 2nd kit. Any suggestion will be welcomed. Also, what is used to make the wine have that sweet taste? Thanks for the replies, nursejohn.

Have you considered the "Island Mist" wines?

they are what I call a "patio" wine. High in flavor/ sweetness but, low in alcohol.

They are also a quick wine to bottle.

Latest posts

Back