supply storage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truebrew

Reaction score
The chemicals (PE, campden, tannin, etc.) I get locally comes in those little plastic bags that theoretically you can reseal after opening via the zip closure. Only, the zips don't usually close. I've lost the contents of a couple bags due to that problem.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has emptied those little suckers into other containers such as washed and sanitized plastic or glass vitamin bottles?

I'll probably move to those glass jars with flip-top gasket-sealed lids eventually but i havent had enough of any one of them chemicals on hand yet to worry about the switch over. That's what i'd use though, or smaller mason/jelly jars.

I had one this morning that had a small hole in it. I moved it to a new Ziploc bag and the label peeled of the original bag very easily. So if you put it in other containers just peel the stickers off. If they won't peel cut them out plastic and all and tape them to the new container. I do this with things in the kitchen as well.

Jiffy peaanut butter jars work good. They have a large cover that is easy to dip onto with measuring spoons.

I would be more comfortable with small plastic containers like Tupperware rather then Jars. I like glass but it does break and chemicals are corrosive to the lids.

I usually put mine into mason jars as well, just made a quick label out of tape with what it is and the dosing instructions that come on the bottle/bag. I don't have any problems with the wide mouth jars. :)

Sarah, based on you recent history with glass, you should probably use plastic!!! LOL (Sorry, I couldn't resist) :i :i :i

I use mason jars as well. I use the plastic screw lids for them. I've also double bagged with new zip-loks.

I store mine in these:

DSC06887.jpg

I just bought some larger containers for the Sparkalloid, since I'm going to start buying larger quantities of all of the supplies. I didn't want to buy up (there's that word "up" again) a bunch of supplies if I didn't know whether or not I was going to stay interested in this hobby. I think I'm hooked. :sm

The local brew store i go to has 1# plasic containters w/lids - they have larger ones as well - i store mine in those. I asked for a few the last time i went and they gave me some for free.

I put the bags in a larger ziplock then in a tupperware box with a handle on it so I can tote them all around easily

Latest posts

Back