WineXpert Sugar...the possibilities

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazed

Junior
Reaction score
So...if adding sugar to an IM kit to boost ABV would one use: plain old table sugar, powdered, cane, something else? I've read so many different views everywhere on the net just wondering what you all would do, or if you're from the south, yall would do?

I have used table sugar diluted in the wine from the batch. I did not have to warm it since I was using just a little bit, but some have to warm it to get it to dissolve.

and then the next question would be...do you make a simple syrup of the said sugar first before adding or just add the dry sugar?

make a simple syrup but use some of the must instead of water to dissolve the sugar into

intersting way to do it Julie thanks..and do you stick with regular table sugar?

Naw you didn't miss anything. The poster after Julie was a spammer. We've been taking out 3-5 a day lately but don't usually announce it. This is one of the jobs that the mod's do. I've been showing it lately just to show folks what we do to keep this forum clean and just how many spammers try to sneak in each day.

Latest posts

Back